2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews 7

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Excellent SUV -Unfortunately made in USA
By wayphun on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great SUV but as an owner of other MB vehicles it is very upsetting the lack of quality control of the US plant.

Love my car
By bettyrella on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the NICEST auto I have ever owned. I have had excellent reliability and have put nearly 40000mi on it in 2 years. I recomend it to everyone I know and I always get a WOW when I open the sky view roof. You can't imagine how awesome an 8 foot sunroof is, or as my husband says "a convertable SUV". I got rear-ended in my ML and the Honda Accord that hit me was totaled at 50mph, and all I had was a scratch...no joke, on my bumper. The other driver said it felt like he hit a brick wall!!! Anyway enjoy the luxury the safety RELIABILITY and pure joy of driving this car, you will never want another!!

Mercedes M class
By on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Not a Mercedes, drives like a Jeep with a mercedes name

Consumer
By tuanh on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My vehicle was purchased after market. I thought that I inspected the vehicle well but found out later that the vehicle had a little defect. The aligment was set so off that the interior of its both rear tires worn out. The vehicle had only 9,500 miles on it even though the previous owner owned it for 18 months already. Its was so clean and drive pretty much normal, nobody would suspect something like that would happened, only a visual inspection under the vehicle would show.

an over-priced hunk of junk
By jon doe on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML55 AMG AWD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! The AMG engine, navigation system and handling are all excellent. Beyond that, you had might as well buy a ford festiva. The glove box, sun roof, elec. seat adjuster, optional rooftop cargo container have all malfunctioned or broken. The alignment has needed repeated repair. We had a flat, tire was patched. Patch gave way within one week. Dealership customer service is nonexistant. Brakes now sqeak and car stalls out frequently. A complete POS.

Perfection
By Gus Kunath on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second ML 320 (1999 and 2001) Maybe I am lucky with cars but these two were the best I ever had. I will be buying a 2003 this fall.

I love the confort
By ogarner on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Mercedes nd I love. You feel the security when you're driving this car.

Borrrring
By Kiwi_Susan on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is the best SUV I could find....but that's not saying much. After owning 4 other non-SUV Mercedes, I call this car my Alabama-redneck Mercedes. While I understand that this car was built in the US - it doesn't appear to have the smart German engineering that I'm used to from my previous MB. What a shame of a car.

pricey for okee dokee rig
By Bob in Oregon on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had to drive 70 mls to the nearest dealer to fix the window that would not roll up last winter when it was 22 deg F out then the parts where on "national recall" so go back then something broke when the guy put it together so 3rd trip the first service work oil change ect. they asked if I wanted to have this upgraded fuel regulator installed no charge I said sure I had no idea I would be there from time of opening until 1:30 in the after noon cause to get to the top of the gas tank they have to take out the back seat and open an access hole in the floor then take of the drivers rear tire and pull out the platic wheel well (tough job). I was more impressed with the car I traded in.

Hey, it's a Mercedes!!!
By mrrx on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had some issues. My power switch panel went out at 4000 miles, the car rattles a bit, and it drinks gas, like it's going out of style. But, you know what, I still love the car and besides, it's a Mercedes. Is it the best vehicle I've owned, obviously not, but I know that if any of us had a choice of a vehicle to be in, in an accident, most of us would opt for this vehicle. We all take a chance when we buy a car, I've had 2 lemons in my life time, including a 2000 Honda Accord and a 2001 Diamante. All I'm trying to say is that, overall, the ML320 is not bad at all, especially when you consider the safety, luxury and confidence a Mercedes provides.