2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: My first Benz

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

ML320 4dr SUV (3.2L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

My first Benz
By BGD82 on

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I recently purchased my first Mercedes- Benz, a black '00 ML320 with 48,000 miles. I get a lot of weird looks from other ML drivers, as I'm only 21 years old, but nonetheless, I love my car! It rides very smoothly and I've got a great view of the road. The only gripes I have: 1) vehicle was leaking oil a couple of days after I purchased it; the problem was a leaky crankshaft seal and a bad crankshaft pulley, which I was told by the technician was a common problem with the V6 motor. 2) the liftgate rattles when I drive over any bump, and sounds horrible when I close it. Otherwise, it's a great car to drive.

Favorite Features

It's a Mercedes-Benz, so all my friends assume I paid a lot (I didn't). Large sunroof. Extra power plug in the dash so I can charge my cell phone and use my radar detector simultaneously. The manual-shift transmission feature. The cool folding key. The left-hand side driver cupholder.

Suggested Improvements

The awful rattles coming from the liftgate. The CD changer should be accessible to the driver, not in the cargo area. The stereo controls are a far reach away on the passenger's side. No lumbar support, variable setting for wipers, or stereo controls on steering wheel. Windows roll up too slow.