A great all around vehicle
By R Waterhouse on
2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD
I had heard a lot of negative things about the reliability of these cars before I bought one, but my desire overcame caution. I have not regretted that decision for one moment. Recently my lease was up (4 years) so I did the usual and test drove all the competing vehicles. Each time I got back into my ML I thought, well this is a nicer car. This went on for months and in the end I bought the ML out of the lease and I still love it. It is a well mannered, well built, nicely designed vehicle that will fit into a small parking space, yet hold a large amount of goods. I recently remodelled my home and used it as a truck, hauling lumber etc. then went to the car wash and came out with a luxury car.
Favorite Features
I just love it's looks, particularly with the larger wheels. It is classy yet not flashy. The interior has a high quality finish and is well designed. The handling is very solid and the engine very responsive. It handles well off road and in the snow.
Suggested Improvements
I would love to have an extra 6 inches behind the rear seat for storage space. This would make the car perfect without being too big. Also I would prefer an in dash CD changer.