Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

ML 430
By JP Dworsky

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I am very impressed with the overall comfort and performance of my ML. The car is roomy, fast, firm, and well designed.

Seats!

I know they have added stereo controls to the car which is one big improvement. The GPS works moderately well, but does not have all addresses listed.The car definitely needs a bigger gas tank!

A great all around vehicle
By R Waterhouse

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I had heard a lot of negative things about the reliability of these cars before I bought one, but my desire overcame caution. I have not regretted that decision for one moment. Recently my lease was up (4 years) so I did the usual and test drove all the competing vehicles. Each time I got back into my ML I thought, well this is a nicer car. This went on for months and in the end I bought the ML out of the lease and I still love it. It is a well mannered, well built, nicely designed vehicle that will fit into a small parking space, yet hold a large amount of goods. I recently remodelled my home and used it as a truck, hauling lumber etc. then went to the car wash and came out with a luxury car.

I just love it's looks, particularly with the larger wheels. It is classy yet not flashy. The interior has a high quality finish and is well designed. The handling is very solid and the engine very responsive. It handles well off road and in the snow.

I would love to have an extra 6 inches behind the rear seat for storage space. This would make the car perfect without being too big. Also I would prefer an in dash CD changer.

WE LOVE IT!
By Rudys!

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

An absolute great car! We've had a few problems with the steering mechanism, plastic on driver side seat cracked at 40,000 miles, and a lot of flat tires. We've never used the spare tire, because we don't know how to release it from it's holder... Other then those mishaps, WE LOVE IT!

Beautiful BOSE sound system! WE ALL- AROUND LOVE IT!

Gas prices are so high (as of 5/7/05)! Mercedes-Benz should think about hybrid cars, or better have better fuel economy.

ML430
By cdrsdad

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I waited a while to write this review because of the negatives I have read about the Mercedes-Benz ML430. I purchased this truck as a certified used vehicle. Other than the poor fuel economy, I could not be happier. Service on this truck has been far cheaper than on my previous Mercedes-Benz wagon. Some of the interior trim has a little trouble wih the dog...meaning he broke it. I love the GPS and the Bose stereo. I am at 75,000 miles and the truck still looks close to new. One other problem is that the odd tire size means very few choices for replacements.

The GPS, Bose stereo, and handling.

The ride is a little harsh. Add steering wheel controls for audio and climate control. The back seats are difficult to fold. Add a bigger gas tank

all style, no substance
By sandra miller

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I liked the styling and the Mercedes-Benz brand. I owned an E320 and thoroughly enjoyed it but my 2000 M-Class has been nothing but trouble. I've spent $5,000 in 12 months on repairs, brakes, rotors, leaking seals, pumps, etc. Curently, it won't run without stalling and the dealerhip can't seem to find out what is wrong. The've had it for four days!

The styling is good. I like the interior. It has plenty of head room for tall people.

Build a better quality vehicle. They lost me as a customer