2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Possibly the worst SUV on the planet?
By jodaor on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

At 40K miles, 3 sets of complete brake pads and rotors, 2 navigation systems, complete fuel system replaced, 1 set of exterior mirrors, headlamps with so much condensation they look like fish tanks (but the dealership says it's normal??), antitheft is so good that it even locks me out and the transmitters won't unlock the vehicle (the key will, but then the alarm sounds and wont stop until you disconnect the battery---no wonder my neighbors won't speak to me anymore). I can go on for days, but if I can give anyone advice if they are even CONSIDERING buying this vehicle......turn and run and don't look back!

Four-years this month
By Oxford15 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

My wife (principle driver) loves this car; I'm less enthused, but it's been much more reliable than what Consumers Report would lead one to believe. Other than regular maintenance and recalls, we've had: replace the cassette deck; adjustment of door latches x2; front brake pad replacement (27K); drivers power window switch replaced. Could be better for a car at 40K miles; but could have been a lot worse.

MB poor quality
By J S on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Brake pads replaced 15m and 30m mi.yellow light on in dash for something all the time. Oil comp test, had to add oil three times between oil changes. in shop 10 times 30m mi.

Awsome ML320 y2000
By Doug Thomas on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

This SUV (2000) is by far the most outstanding vehicle in the SUV class. I have been in, driven, and tested others both on and off road. The ML320 has the most outstanding combination of off- road and on-road, convenience, safty, and comfort. Did I mention safty? The ESP is awsome and has proven itself to me (no details). Everything in this vehicle is quality. From the wheels to the door knobs. The electronics are also awsome and never fail. kudos...

love my benz
By Bonnie Crone on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I have owned my 320 almost four years. I love my 320, have never had it in for anything other than service. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

best SUV
By dlinc on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

THIS SUV IS 4 WHEEL DRIVE AND RIDES LIKE A LUXURY CAR. EXCELLENT SERVICE. WHEN YOU BUY IT WITH MAINTENANCE YOU ONLY PUT GAS IN IT. DEALER DOES ALL THE REST FOR FREE. WHEN THIS STARTS LESS THAN $40K, BEST VALUE IN TOWN. OURS HAS HAD NO PROBLEMS. DRIVING IT FOR THE 3RD YEAR NOW. PURCHASED NEW.

Love it!
By Smithtenn on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

This is our third ML. Have two now. Great for traveling. We feel much safer in this vehicle than any we have owned. Navigation system is excellent. Now have over 75000 miles on this one and 50000 miles on wife's 2001.

I can't be happier.....I just sold mine.
By chong on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Engine and transmition problem, electrical problem, window won't open, doors won't lock, lost power steering two times within a year, dealer charge me $1500 to replace a light bulb in the running broad, cracked rear side panel, change break pads three times in the first 30,000 miles, low feul light blinks and no dealer can fix it and many more.My EX-ML almost killed me three days ago when it lost it's power steering. And I just fixed the power steering two weeks ago because I got a recall from Mercede. THE RECALL LETTER SAID THE ML CAN LOSE IT POWER STEERING SUDDENTLY AND MAY CAUSE DANGEROUS SITUATION. This really happened but after They FIXED the problem!

Best SUV for its class
By Thuan on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Overall I enjoyed the vehicle though I do a lot of highway miles and I think it's great for any long trip because it rides like a seden.

M.B. has lost a customer for life
By EMILIO on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I had a '99 ML-320 that was so awful the dealer gave me a great deal to get out of it into a 2000 model, which he claimed was much improved. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Among the problems were nagging Check Engine lights that came on every so often, stuttering power locks that sometimes locked and sometimes didn't, a/c which was improperly wired, center arm console which would bubble-up (was replaced three times), a/c compressor blew its fuse every so often (had to travel with spare fuses), expensive brakes that would last only about 20,000 miles, and, of course, the five times in three years the car would not start and had to be towed.