Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Exclusive!
By Amina

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I had it since 2000 it now has 27k it still runs superberbly. My husband takes it off roading all the time, it's great.The car doesn't catch peoples eyes as much as it used to because the M-class is all over the place now, but it is still my baby.

Favorite Features

Sky view top(giant sunroof),safe under seats,3rd row seats,gps navigation,switch blade smart key,relitivly large wheels,cargo space,and low range(2 speed transfer case)

Suggested Improvements

I also have a S430(2005)and the rear headrests fold down they should do that in they ML-class because headrest block the rearward view sometimes especially the middle one but you can always remove them and put them in when you need.

Awesome car
By dkitter

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this about two months ago, runs like new, looks like new. No funny noises, handles beautifully

Favorite Features

4wd...I move right over those piles of snow...bring on the snow.

Suggested Improvements

Awwwwful gas mileage...expensive to buy and program new key ($150)...but hey if you can't pay the bill, don't buy a Mercedes!

Just Plain junk for $45K
By ssanan30

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I have had 4 window switches put in, 2 CD players, got a leak from somewhere when it rains (water ends up on the floor boards). Brakes wear out early, tires wear out, traction control sensor, and air bag sensor on the same side go bad 2 times. With 48K miles, the stiching on my front leather seats have come appart. And we don't drive this car much!!! Have talked to others with similar problems. Beware before you buy. Will never by anoth MB product again. Oh yes $500 for mass air flow sensor.

Suggested Improvements

MB should be shot, or refund money back to people. All the cars should fall under Lemon clause.

The best M-class ML430
By skye

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

First off I live in East Hampton Long island N.Y. where the M-class is rarely seen.But in N.Y.C.(Brooklyn) they are all over the place (ML320'350's and 500's)but not ML430s they stand out they look a little more unique because of their bigger rims and smaller body. I love this SUV it is so great it has a powerful V8.Check it out!

Favorite Features

Sky view top( a large large sunroof) navigation system,6 cd-changer, heated seats,power folding mirrors, 3rd row seat, safe under seats, switch blade key, cargo net, cargo cover, low range, key hole covers, and all season floor mats

Suggested Improvements

Make the cd-changer in the front instead of the cargo area,and make the navigation cd cover more ground

Nice to drive, expensive to maintain
By scott hollander

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Nice car to drive. It handles well. All in all I really like the vehicle. Unfortunetly Mercedes doesnt make a reliable car. In the five years that I owned it these are some of the problems that I had or at least the ones that I can remember. Windows wouldn't go up, replaced button pad twice. Brakes went after 40,000. Requires ceramic pads very expensive. Key wouldn't turn in steering wheel lock. Catalytic converter had a cracked tube and sounded like a boat until I got it fixed. Front headlight had to be replaced after 15,000. Rear light holder on inside rear door had to be adjusted. Wires under passenger seat rattled. Some part on the air intake need replacing $ 500. Now the gas gauge isnt working .Great!

Suggested Improvements

Mercedes needs to realize that their cars are poorly made. Have some recalls and come down in price