2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews 6

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
2000 ML320
By MB newbee on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this SUV last month before doing my usual online investigative work. I admit I bought the vehicle because I liked the drive, image and I actualy fit behind the wheel (6'4"). I have 6 months left on the factory warrantee and I am having the local MB dealer check out the usual bugs reported in the reviews I read here. I notice some folks love the ML320 while others seem to hate it due to build quality. I hope I got one of the "good" ones..

The Best of The Best SUV's
By TigerCt on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

This SUV has been the best choice in an automobile purchase I have ever made. The ML320 is pure joy to drive and I love its style. I've added 17" rims and grille guards, side rails and tail light grilles all by WAAG which gives the ML320 the "Urban Warrior" with class look. The ML's interior is extremely comfortable and the amazing color screen which acts as the radio/cd/ navigation/phone etc. is amazing.

My First and Last Mercedes...Never Again
By Recuser on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Motor was replaced at 20,000 miles. Repeated transmission leaks, Power stearing went out, windows failed several times, goo smeared up the windows from inside the door the first summer, sun roof failed, numerous "check engine" lights (in addition to that listed above) requiring trips to the dealer for repair. A/C is inadequate for the size of the vehicle (corrected in later year models) Mercedes' mechanics and customer service has been excellent. They certainly get enough practice with the M-Class.

SOLID MB
By Laguna Hills on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Solid SUV, smooth ride and very comfortable. I don't feel like I'm riding in a "tin" can like other cars. It's a fun SUV to drive. No mechanical problems.

Lots of electronics-many things go wrong
By wertheryng on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I love driving my 2000 ML320. However, I hate taking it into the shop. Now, it is coming off warranty, and I'm worried about the total cost of ownership. Here's some examples of the problems: Electronic Window Switch broken Loose Lower Power Steering Cooler Line Fuel Pump Insufficient Glue Residue on Door Window Noisy Drivers Side Door - Strap Loose Rear Seat Stuck in Down Position SRS Controller Needs to Be Replaced and More

mnj review
By jwellinger on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

It has been a joy to own and drive. No problems and has performed well in snowy conditions. One crticism, cruise control is awkward to use. Handles well in critical situations.

Pure Aggrevation
By Germer on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

This vehicle has been in the shop more times than I can count. I just thank God I purchased the extended warranty. Not a month goes by without some problem, be it heated seats not working to transmision/brakes etc..My advise would be not to even consider buying this car. It's extremely unreliable - Couldn't unload it fast enough. MB did not do their job

Love it. Hope to keep it
By atlanta_dave on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Bought it used w 63,000 miles. Replaced the starter @ 70,000. 10x better than my grand cherokee. 5x better than my Denalli. The quality and solid feel make me feel like it'll be around for many years to come. The domestic SUV's really felt worn when they had this many miles. This one still drives like new.

Never again
By Bengali on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Wanted to keep the vehicle for 1-10 years. On an average very yaer had to take to delare with issues like malfunction of radio or power windows or leak in gas pump etc evry 6 montsh isn teh first 2 years. Letley its been every 3-4 monthe we have had teh car breaking down. We are past teh warranty peiod so its comes out of our pocket to fix the vehicle. Have complained to no vail to Beck Imports.

Meeting Expectations
By FirstTimeBuyer on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

My first MB. I like the ride, handling, safety, and sound system. Disappointed with quality issues (body dents easily, sensor light problems, window switches not functioning, I lost power steering prior to recall, air conditioner "weak" in hot weather). Biggest disappointment is: engine is burning oil and requires additional trips to dealer to "top off" oil between "computer approved" dealer services. Dealer's solution: change oil more often (at my expense). This ML320 hasn't met my expectations of the quality I associated with MB products. I believe the MB reputation of retaining value is being significantly damaged.