2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
My first Benz
By BGD82 on 11/04/04 00:54 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I recently purchased my first Mercedes- Benz, a black '00 ML320 with 48,000 miles. I get a lot of weird looks from other ML drivers, as I'm only 21 years old, but nonetheless, I love my car! It rides very smoothly and I've got a great view of the road. The only gripes I have: 1) vehicle was leaking oil a couple of days after I purchased it; the problem was a leaky crankshaft seal and a bad crankshaft pulley, which I was told by the technician was a common problem with the V6 motor. 2) the liftgate rattles when I drive over any bump, and sounds horrible when I close it. Otherwise, it's a great car to drive.

Great SUV!
By FK on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I can say I highly recommend it! so far so good for myself. Love the look, the way the engine sounds (quiet) and the way it drives.

ML320
By PearlUlm on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

When we first bought the vehicle the cd player did not work. Dealer replaced it under warranty. We paid $400 at the dealer (Mercedes Dealer) to install a trailer harness only to get it home and the harness did not work. My husband had to "repair" it for our trip. It seemed that every time we went to the dealer something else would stop working. Gave up on the dealer and have not had any other problems. Very happy with the vehicle now!

short lived affair
By Alero on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I first saw this car in the movie jurassic park and said to myself: I must have one. I finally got one a few months back and today, I traded it in for a jaguar because I am concerned about the future reliability of the car. the passenger driver door lock needs replacement and I hear some funny noises coming from the steering mechanism. a plastic part in the back just cracked for no reason and even with the extended warranty I just don't want the hassle. my business parner has a 320 sedan and he is eager to dump it because mercedes benz got lost somewhere and their newer cars are just overpriced not the legends of yesterday.

Poor quality SUV
By ionel on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

- Check engine light on all the time. The dealer can not "duplicate the problem" - Engine stall few times - Driver window sitch do not work - Low gas millage

Mercedes Review
By gboro on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

this is my first mercedes experience. in the past 12 months i've had to spend over $3500 replacing various parts including fuel pump, steering mechanism, and the battery. i've had my vehicle stuck in my garage because it wouldn't start on 3 occassions and stuck 1,000 miles from home after my fuel pump went bad with no warning. perhaps i have/had high expectations but i didn't and do not expect such problems with a mercedes benz product

What's your problem?
By Gperson on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this used with just 6,000 miles on it and a Starmark warranty after owning two new Pathfinders. What a difference. This is a great SUV. Comfortable, fast and, I have to risk saying reliable. We haven't been let down once in 65,000 miles. I marked it down a little on build quality because we have had a couple of stupid switch type problems but that's it. Our average gas consumption of 18 is pretty darn good for a V8 of this weight. We just had the brakes replaced for the first time and are on our first set of replacement tires. Not bad for a vehicle now at 71,000.

ML 320 2000
By Kar56 on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Love it all the way for comfort , style and performance. Feels solid

Great car poor reliability
By rudochar on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

This is a great fun to drive car with lot of power. However the reliability of the ML430 has taken the fun out of ownership. In the past year I have been at the dealer six times (on average every two months). I have had to replace break pads and rotors twice (every 8000 miles). I have had problems with the navigation system, windows, power steering pump, rack and pinion.

Lemon
By lododwell on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Since purchasing this car I have been in the shop every to every other month. It is the worst built car I have ever owned. Mercedes should be embarrassed to sell this as a Luxury car. My service file is four inches thick and just about every moving part has at some time failed. I am currently looking to unload the car as soon as possible.