2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Exclusive!
By Amina on 01/01/06 21:52 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I had it since 2000 it now has 27k it still runs superberbly. My husband takes it off roading all the time, it's great.The car doesn't catch peoples eyes as much as it used to because the M-class is all over the place now, but it is still my baby.

Awesome car
By dkitter on 01/01/06 19:27 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this about two months ago, runs like new, looks like new. No funny noises, handles beautifully

Just Plain junk for $45K
By ssanan30 on 12/22/05 23:11 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I have had 4 window switches put in, 2 CD players, got a leak from somewhere when it rains (water ends up on the floor boards). Brakes wear out early, tires wear out, traction control sensor, and air bag sensor on the same side go bad 2 times. With 48K miles, the stiching on my front leather seats have come appart. And we don't drive this car much!!! Have talked to others with similar problems. Beware before you buy. Will never by anoth MB product again. Oh yes $500 for mass air flow sensor.

The best M-class ML430
By skye on 12/10/05 22:48 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

First off I live in East Hampton Long island N.Y. where the M-class is rarely seen.But in N.Y.C.(Brooklyn) they are all over the place (ML320'350's and 500's)but not ML430s they stand out they look a little more unique because of their bigger rims and smaller body. I love this SUV it is so great it has a powerful V8.Check it out!

Nice to drive, expensive to maintain
By scott hollander on 08/15/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Nice car to drive. It handles well. All in all I really like the vehicle. Unfortunetly Mercedes doesnt make a reliable car. In the five years that I owned it these are some of the problems that I had or at least the ones that I can remember. Windows wouldn't go up, replaced button pad twice. Brakes went after 40,000. Requires ceramic pads very expensive. Key wouldn't turn in steering wheel lock. Catalytic converter had a cracked tube and sounded like a boat until I got it fixed. Front headlight had to be replaced after 15,000. Rear light holder on inside rear door had to be adjusted. Wires under passenger seat rattled. Some part on the air intake need replacing $ 500. Now the gas gauge isnt working .Great!

ML 430
By JP Dworsky on 06/17/05 01:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I am very impressed with the overall comfort and performance of my ML. The car is roomy, fast, firm, and well designed.

A great all around vehicle
By R Waterhouse on 05/11/05 00:32 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I had heard a lot of negative things about the reliability of these cars before I bought one, but my desire overcame caution. I have not regretted that decision for one moment. Recently my lease was up (4 years) so I did the usual and test drove all the competing vehicles. Each time I got back into my ML I thought, well this is a nicer car. This went on for months and in the end I bought the ML out of the lease and I still love it. It is a well mannered, well built, nicely designed vehicle that will fit into a small parking space, yet hold a large amount of goods. I recently remodelled my home and used it as a truck, hauling lumber etc. then went to the car wash and came out with a luxury car.

WE LOVE IT!
By Rudys! on 05/08/05 02:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

An absolute great car! We've had a few problems with the steering mechanism, plastic on driver side seat cracked at 40,000 miles, and a lot of flat tires. We've never used the spare tire, because we don't know how to release it from it's holder... Other then those mishaps, WE LOVE IT!

ML430
By cdrsdad on 12/27/04 23:12 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I waited a while to write this review because of the negatives I have read about the Mercedes-Benz ML430. I purchased this truck as a certified used vehicle. Other than the poor fuel economy, I could not be happier. Service on this truck has been far cheaper than on my previous Mercedes-Benz wagon. Some of the interior trim has a little trouble wih the dog...meaning he broke it. I love the GPS and the Bose stereo. I am at 75,000 miles and the truck still looks close to new. One other problem is that the odd tire size means very few choices for replacements.

all style, no substance
By sandra miller on 11/08/04 15:08 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I liked the styling and the Mercedes-Benz brand. I owned an E320 and thoroughly enjoyed it but my 2000 M-Class has been nothing but trouble. I've spent $5,000 in 12 months on repairs, brakes, rotors, leaking seals, pumps, etc. Curently, it won't run without stalling and the dealerhip can't seem to find out what is wrong. The've had it for four days!