2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews 3

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Expensive. Not worth it!
By j on 04/21/07 14:06 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Purchased this as a Starmarked vehicle with extended warranty. Have had more problems and needed repairs for a vehicle that cost as much as this did. Brakes have a squeal that our current dealer has checked at least 3 times and claim that nothing is wrong. Had the glue on the doors melt onto the windows. Now have multiple broken gadgets. Windshield wiper fluid tubes are rotten. I don't open the sunroof anymore because there is a suspicious cracking noise when it opens. The front seals at the windows are degrading, leaking water with rainshowers. Time to get a new car. Never again a Mercedes.

I Hate it
By Damon on 03/19/07 11:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I own 2 Mercedes. The ML430 has had nothing but problems. I will not ever buy another Benz again. I thought it was just the ML430, but my SLK is also a money pit. Very disappointed with Mercedes

High maintenance car, low quality
By Stefan on 01/11/07 19:57 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Bought the car in Oct 2000 new, loved it for the longest time. But then the little things started, later got bigger and bigger. Like so many else had to get new brake pads every year (~$300), and new rotors every other year (~3,000). Then a pipe in the steering wheel went out on a 2hr trip. The pipe ($2?) was covered by warranty, the $1,500 damage to the steering wheel was obviously not covered. Great. Got it repaired, drive out the dealership, next day power brakes warning light goes on, damaged from some problem, another $1,500. Not with me, my friends. Bought a 2003 Nissan Murano just now, and the ride is so much smoother and more comfortable, no service issues.

ML 320
By Ron on 12/25/06 20:30 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I bought the vehicle new. 6 years and few problems. Oil sending unit did leak after 5 years. Didn't feel that should have happened. 48900 miles and still using original brake pads. Very surprised. Replaced switch for abs system. No other problems.Have changed oil every 10000 miles per fss.MBUSA insists on premium unleaded. I have burned regular unleaded for years. Can't tell any difference.

Expensive
By jsmiles on 11/12/06 11:31 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

We bought our 2000 Mercedes in 2006 because we got it for only $14,000, but this thing is horrible in reliability. The catalytic conveters went, and we could not drive it for three months. Also the car is very expensive to maintain, $80 for oil change, $600 brake changes, $30-$60 for gas. The car is a nice drive, and the interior has a nav whitch is an asset. It also has a third row seat whitch is useful. I would not recommend this car if you don't have a lot of money, but if you do, good luck.

MB= Mucho Bucks in Repairs
By Kevin on 09/09/06 12:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Save your money, buy something else. Repairs are endless. Engine rebuilt by factory at 50K due to high oil consumption (was still under warranty), both catalytic converters replaced. Check engine light is on more then off. Factory brakes replace every 20K miles (dealer says it is normal), and window switch panel replaced 3 times. I've had other MBs, and this is trash in comparison. Nice looking vehicle, fun to drive, but the maintenance is terrible. I use a private mechanic now, put Brembo brakes on, and the brakes last much longer. Engine codes when it is not acting right aren't specific, so you go through a lot of trial and error in diagnosing problems.

Nice SUV
By jreimers on 08/15/06 20:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased this SUV second hand at the dealer last year. Purchased the extended warranty which seems to be paying off. it drives nice, looks good, and is fun to own. A little high on gas. Last year's repairs, $1200 before warranty

Expensive Junk!
By Erica on 07/25/06 19:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

This car costs way too much for all the problems I have had! In less than 2 years - moonroof broke, catalytic converter cracked, spark plugs damaged, new tires, new brakes, shifter bushing, cracking noise when braking/accelerating (bushing of some sort), harmonic balancer replaced, leak in transmission, CD changer broke, and the list goes on! I'm trading this car in for a reliable Honda! I would not recommend it to anyone!

ML430
By Joe on 04/12/06 13:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Bought a Starmark vehicle. Wonderful vehicle! Don't understand the comments about fuel mileage. I get better than the EPA estimate. What do you expect from a truck? Solid as a rock and not top heavy feeling like other SUV's.

After 80,000 miles - trouble - high cost
By Bruce on 03/06/06 17:28 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Expensive to extend its life - Cayalytic converter cracked, shock absorbers in rear needed replacement, coil went out , spark wires replaced, new transmission fluid required to extend life (MB says no, dealer says yes), New fuel filter,...etc. $3,500 + costs - too much