Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Mercedes Should Be Ashamed..............
By glacierdon

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

It's apparent that the 2000 ML 430 is a lemon. I have gone on various sites and people from all over are having the same exact problems. The windows won't roll down, the doors won't lock, the brakes always need replacing, the exterior lights are always blowing, the power steering went out, the sun roof gets stuck, the interior is coming apart, and now when I stop at lights it cuts off and won't start for about 30 to 40 minutes. this happens at least once a week. From my understanding these vehicles were built in the U.S. If I wanted an American car I would have bought a Ford. Mercedes should do a recall on these vehicles. The repairs needed on the vehicle are more than it's worth. Seriously!

Favorite Features

The exterior is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

German vehicles should be built in Europe only!Save face and do a recall on this vehicle. Extend the warranty.

ML320 new engine mounts
By yorgo8

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

The car is fun driving; safe and sturdy, even on slippery roads. The dealership offers excellent support. But the car's reliability is poor. Even under warranty it required many repairs. And lots more thereafter. Excessive costs to maintain vehicle make it unattractive. Support from MBUSA not great either.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, safety construction of body. Seats; sound system

Suggested Improvements

Use better parts that last. We've had three catalytic converters and other exhaust system repairs, all expensive.

Can Built a Better Car
By NOMORE

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Never will buy another Mercedes Benz, now I have a Volvo (a much better car. Benz should built a better car for this kind of price I have it seating in my driveway because the latest is the the horn flat ribbon cable inside the steering wheel assembly it broke & came off (my horn doesn't work anymore), never heard this from any other car before shame on Mercedes-Benz-forget about the steering power pump I've paid twice to have it fix beside the recall- interior clothe by the windshield id coming off (both sides). No more Mercedes-Benz for me.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine & strong acceleration - Very good Road Handling - Smooth braking

Suggested Improvements

Just built a better car for the money.

Solid Performance form my ML430
By RM

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my ML430 in 04 with 22K miles and some remaining factory warranty. I have had some minor issues but for the most part it has been rock solid. It has used 3 sets of brake pads and a set of rotors over 90K miles. I did have a leak from the power steering pump that required service. The only issue now is that the interior is beginning to show its age. I use this car to tow a race car trailer long distances, it could use a but more power. The Nav system is very dated now but still works OK but there are no data updates anymore. Back seat fold-down system is just plain dumb. Like everybody the glue from the door insulation melts onto the windows on hot days. I still love this car!

Favorite Features

NAV with Bose Audio heated seats engine

Suggested Improvements

rear cargo space better brakes

I hate this car!
By sillygirl

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this car with 34000 miles on it. It was great the first two years. Minor things going wrong only. After that many little things went and each part was very expensive. Check engine light was on almost always usually sensors but all the time it drove me crazy. The SUV was very comfy and had all the bells and whistles but not worth the hassle of needing to be fixed all the time. I am getting rid of it tomorrow and it will not be missed.We have a leak in the front that no one can figure out where it comes from too.

Favorite Features

Loved the heated seats, navigation system built in, very roomy (we had two kids in it all the time) Large cargo area in the back. Nice to ride in and the appearance of the vehicle was good. Has a little thing that told me how much gas per mile. Moon roof

Suggested Improvements

I am no mechanic so i have no idea what needs to be improved I just now it seemed like a lot of hassle for a car. And very expensive repair bills