2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Mercedes Should Be Ashamed..............
By glacierdon on 06/01/09 10:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

It's apparent that the 2000 ML 430 is a lemon. I have gone on various sites and people from all over are having the same exact problems. The windows won't roll down, the doors won't lock, the brakes always need replacing, the exterior lights are always blowing, the power steering went out, the sun roof gets stuck, the interior is coming apart, and now when I stop at lights it cuts off and won't start for about 30 to 40 minutes. this happens at least once a week. From my understanding these vehicles were built in the U.S. If I wanted an American car I would have bought a Ford. Mercedes should do a recall on these vehicles. The repairs needed on the vehicle are more than it's worth. Seriously!

ML320 new engine mounts
By yorgo8 on 05/13/09 17:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

The car is fun driving; safe and sturdy, even on slippery roads. The dealership offers excellent support. But the car's reliability is poor. Even under warranty it required many repairs. And lots more thereafter. Excessive costs to maintain vehicle make it unattractive. Support from MBUSA not great either.

Can Built a Better Car
By NOMORE on 03/09/09 21:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Never will buy another Mercedes Benz, now I have a Volvo (a much better car. Benz should built a better car for this kind of price I have it seating in my driveway because the latest is the the horn flat ribbon cable inside the steering wheel assembly it broke & came off (my horn doesn't work anymore), never heard this from any other car before shame on Mercedes-Benz-forget about the steering power pump I've paid twice to have it fix beside the recall- interior clothe by the windshield id coming off (both sides). No more Mercedes-Benz for me.

Solid Performance form my ML430
By RM on 03/01/09 15:12 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my ML430 in 04 with 22K miles and some remaining factory warranty. I have had some minor issues but for the most part it has been rock solid. It has used 3 sets of brake pads and a set of rotors over 90K miles. I did have a leak from the power steering pump that required service. The only issue now is that the interior is beginning to show its age. I use this car to tow a race car trailer long distances, it could use a but more power. The Nav system is very dated now but still works OK but there are no data updates anymore. Back seat fold-down system is just plain dumb. Like everybody the glue from the door insulation melts onto the windows on hot days. I still love this car!

I hate this car!
By sillygirl on 02/21/09 17:07 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this car with 34000 miles on it. It was great the first two years. Minor things going wrong only. After that many little things went and each part was very expensive. Check engine light was on almost always usually sensors but all the time it drove me crazy. The SUV was very comfy and had all the bells and whistles but not worth the hassle of needing to be fixed all the time. I am getting rid of it tomorrow and it will not be missed.We have a leak in the front that no one can figure out where it comes from too.

Love it!
By joes on 07/10/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Bought as a certified vehicle with 25K on it. Now has over 100K and is as solid and smooth as ever. Minimal problems were covered by warranty. Gas mileage better than expected (16mpg in town/20mpg on road). Great vehicle. I am looking for another one with the diesel engine.

ML430
By joe on 04/03/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Bought as a certified vehicle with 25K miles. Now has almost 100K and has been a pleasure. By far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Still as solid and smooth as the day I bought it.

Not my Favorite
By Candi on 04/02/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I've always owned BMW's, this is my first Mercedes Benz. I must say I prefer BMW over Benz. I like the drive but the seats are not comfortable they don't recline very well. I am starting to have multiples of problems from simple things as the window switch needs replacing to the radiator and now the brake control unit which is expensive. I'm trying to now sell this car but I'm afraid someone will be disappointed when they have to maintain it. But it's cute!

ML320 Good but not Reliable
By R Cummings on 09/29/07 21:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Great car mechanically but electrically unreliable like all Mercedes models since 2000. Poor reliability related to electrical/sensor problems (Robert Bosch?). By 75000 miles repaired: door locks sensors, crankshaft position sensor(engine stops unexpectedly), mass airflow sensor, front window switches (twice),brake pressure sensor, brake switch, rear seat locked down

Great SUV for MB Enthusiasts
By RL_Terry on 07/26/07 07:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Ever since I saw Jurassic Park II: The Lost World, I have wanted the Mercedes ML. I think the gas mileage is superior to that of other similar sized SUVs. Out of all the SUVs I have owned (Blazer, Explorer, and Envoy), the ML320 by far has the best gas mileage. I average 19-20mpg in town and 27-58mpg on the interstate. If you own an SUV, do not compare the gas mileage to that of a sedan or coupe- obviously the fuel economy will not be as efficient. The spartan interior is a very simple yet elegant design; however, I do find the CD change in the rear a bit on the inconvenient side. It's stylish, comfortable, and a Mercedes; what more could a 24 year-old want. I would reccommend this SUV.