2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
As promised
By bargamon on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Truck has been solid performer, good MPG for a truck, excellent all weather perfomance, engine great, not problems except power steering hose, covered by warranty.

Uberwagen
By Daryl on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

This is two vehicles-in-one for our family. My wife loves using it for driving the kids around, shopping, whatever. She especially likes the on- the-spot braking. I love taking it on camping trips. It has tons of room for all our camping gear (family of 4) - especially when I shift the back seats forward to increase the cargo area. No other SUVs I looked at (at the time) had the same blend of cargo capacity, handling and ride. You do feel like you are driving a tall euro sedan - cornering is quite remarkable (due to ESP) for a vehicle so tall. We have had a few minor issues requiring dealer service but overall have been pleased with its reliability.

oh baby
By oduenyi on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Drives like a car and highly recommended for any one that has taste of quality suv.

Great SUV!
By audioduke on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I bough mine in Sept 2000. I stayed away until late 2000 model year after hearing quality issues on 1998 and 1999 models. I wouldn't touch these first 2 year model! For 2000, MBZ revised the interior and presume all the issues found on 1st 2 years. Hey, I had NO PROBLEM with mine and can't see why there are so many who whine about their car. We took it in for 1 yr service and Bellevue MBZ dealer also replaced the sunroof motor. I guess there may have been a "silent" recall. What can I say? Just love this SUV!

Great Machine
By lockheed on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Great machine for east coast winters. Large trunk space and drives more like a car.

Constant Nightmare-BEWARE!!
By Holley on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I'm appalled at the lack of quality of this vehicle.The shop owns my car.It's my part-time job to pick up and drop my car off at the service department when it isn't being towed.When I pick up my repaired car it always breaks down within a day or so.I've been following up with MB-USA but don't bother.They send you right back to the dealership who couln't care less about customer service-and I've been to three so far!I would love to trade it in but it won't run long enough.I'm trying to determine what steps to take to hold MBUSA responsible.Other car makers are completely aware so ML-320 owners are taking the hit on trade-in.BEWARE!!!

ML
By fhdewitt on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Great vehicle, a few more rattles that I like.

Great vehicle
By Jim Brown on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

This is a great vehicle. Its alot of fun to drive, has been the most reliable SUV I have ever owned.

Mercedes Service Manager's Nightmare
By Mike Payne on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

The first day we brought it home, it wouldn't start, and had to be towed back in! Then the GPS wouldn't work, Oh yes, the telephone technology was obsolete from the date of purchase. Mercedes knew about it, but their rep told us, you paid for a phone, you got a phone. Then there are the windows. Ask anyonw who has owned one. The switches are bad. On at least five separate occasions the windows wouldn't roll back up. the cupholders, the Service Manager at Towson Valley Motors said, "Oh,they all fall out!" Oops. Almost forgot the glue that comes up from the window and makes a mess that can only be cleaned by the dealership. Another, "it happens all the time!"

2000 ML430
By bob_2000 on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Aside from a few minor fixes (rear corner glass piece cracks, etc - al taken care of under warranty) my ML has been great. It's relatively quick, sure-footed, and comfortable (keep in mind - I also own an Audi S4). Sure, it drinks gas like there's no tomorrow, but what would you expect from a V-8? I will be trading mine in for a ML500 in a couple of years.