2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

2000 M-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

solid value
By Scott Rachelle

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Extremely comfortable SUV. It's not a big load hauler or a tow vehicle, but load up the family and a bunch of suitcases and drive this ANYWHERE! I've had a Chevy S10 Blazer, and the M- class handles snow and slick roads MUCH better.

Favorite Features

GREAT all wheel drive. Wonderfully comfortable interior. '98 and '99 fit and finish problems FIXED. And Mercedes reliability!

Suggested Improvements

Mine still has an annoying rattle in the interior we can't get rid of, but otherwise it's perfectly tight.

My .02 (just sold my ML320)
By EPB

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Our ML320 had several annoying issues which, while covered under warranty, did not meet my expectations of Mercedes Benz quality. The car is great to drive and has a wonderful interior, but here is my laundry list: failed emission test due to faulty sensor, GPS system ate a cassette and I had to pull the fuse to get it to stop chewing (even with ML powered off it kept going), MB replaced the entire GPS unit. Back seat rest inserts pop off when adjusting, back seat was stuck in down position (dealer had to adjust cables), High Oil light came on when oil was low (took 3 trips to the dealer before diagnosed also), moon roof air dam bar came off.

Favorite Features

Feels solid when driving and interior with Bose system is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Change volume control to left side of radio, and/or mount a volume control on steering wheel, add door/hatchback open indicators, GPS unit needs updated for ease of use (look at Acura/Lexus)

Satisfaction
By Pastis

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Hard ride. Defrost system clumsy to operate. Have to be constantly careful steering because it is very sensitive. Like being high. No place to put purse in front when there is someone in passenger seat. Great storage at waste high trunk. Don't like having to pay for highest octane gasoline. Good ride on interstates. Feel every bump on local streets.

Favorite Features

Good looking. Small for a SUV, which is good. Great service at Viti in Tiverton. Indifferent service at Chambers in Boston. and Chambers in Boston.

Suggested Improvements

Defrost system. Fuel economy. Soften ride. Really does feel like a truck.

Didn't know I was Buying a Chrysler!
By bug

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

My ML320 has been great mechanically but a disaster with the electronic systems. I have had problems with power windows, seats (both sides), sterio, cd player, overhead trip computer, gas gauge, heated seats, rear wipers, ac adapters and third row seats. Service has been great (I'm on a first name basis with them). MB extended my warrantee but it's not enough. It is in the shop too often, it takes 2 weeks for an appointment and then I have to wait for parts. Too many problems! I thought I was buying the best. How disappointing to find that I bought a very expensive Chrysler!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Improve Electronics, improve gas mileage.

Didn't know I was Buying a Chrysler!
By Bug

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Favorite Features

Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Improve Electronics, improve gas mileage.

Mercedes SUV
By jill

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

This is our 2nd Mercedes SUV. Previously purchased same model in 1998. The 2002 had many improvements and enhanced comfort ... great vehicle that I would recommend to anyone!

Mercedes SUV
By Jill

Kinks to work out
By AndyT

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Finally after 2 1/2 years of trips to the repair shop, I finally gave up on my ML. 12 trips to the shop for 8 different reasons and I finally had enough. The last straw was getting stranded by a fuel pump failure. All items were covered under the warranty but for $40,000 I at least want a car that runs for a couple of years before mechanical failures set in.

ML430
By omega1849

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

This car is a powerhouse of fun to drive. The car responds better than any SUV I have ever driven and it has a fully integrated GPS system (1st of its kind). My only problem with the car is the low profile tires, which I have had to replace every once a while.

Favorite Features

GPS, Integrated Cell Phone, Precise Car Handling, Mercedes Customer Service.

Suggested Improvements

A change from the low profile tires would reduce side wall blowouts and increase ride comfort.

2000 Mercedes Benz
By greggmitchell

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Levels of service by Mercedes Benz has been outstanding. Problems have been few but included seat heaters, drivers side window switch.