Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

2000 ML320
By MB newbee

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this SUV last month before doing my usual online investigative work. I admit I bought the vehicle because I liked the drive, image and I actualy fit behind the wheel (6'4"). I have 6 months left on the factory warrantee and I am having the local MB dealer check out the usual bugs reported in the reviews I read here. I notice some folks love the ML320 while others seem to hate it due to build quality. I hope I got one of the "good" ones..

Elevation, comfort, ride, safety features, image, gas milage not bad for a sizable SUV.

Incorporate some of the family features of my Pontiac and Dodge minivans: auto- on headlights, inside lighting, etc.. Last as long as my 1985 BMW 735i.

The Best of The Best SUV's
By TigerCt

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

This SUV has been the best choice in an automobile purchase I have ever made. The ML320 is pure joy to drive and I love its style. I've added 17" rims and grille guards, side rails and tail light grilles all by WAAG which gives the ML320 the "Urban Warrior" with class look. The ML's interior is extremely comfortable and the amazing color screen which acts as the radio/cd/ navigation/phone etc. is amazing.

Radio/cd/navigation/phone system, the ride, power, look, comfort of the interior. The ultimate in SUV Style!

My First and Last Mercedes...Never Again
By Recuser

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Motor was replaced at 20,000 miles. Repeated transmission leaks, Power stearing went out, windows failed several times, goo smeared up the windows from inside the door the first summer, sun roof failed, numerous "check engine" lights (in addition to that listed above) requiring trips to the dealer for repair. A/C is inadequate for the size of the vehicle (corrected in later year models) Mercedes' mechanics and customer service has been excellent. They certainly get enough practice with the M-Class.

The all wheel drive technology was the motivating factor to purchase this vehicle. Now that it is available through other manufacturers, I'll dump my M-Class and buy something else.

Build a car that is mechanically stable and reliable.

SOLID MB
By Laguna Hills

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Solid SUV, smooth ride and very comfortable. I don't feel like I'm riding in a "tin" can like other cars. It's a fun SUV to drive. No mechanical problems.

Looks, comfort; MB status.

None at this time!

Lots of electronics-many things go wrong
By wertheryng

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I love driving my 2000 ML320. However, I hate taking it into the shop. Now, it is coming off warranty, and I'm worried about the total cost of ownership. Here's some examples of the problems: Electronic Window Switch broken Loose Lower Power Steering Cooler Line Fuel Pump Insufficient Glue Residue on Door Window Noisy Drivers Side Door - Strap Loose Rear Seat Stuck in Down Position SRS Controller Needs to Be Replaced and More

Focus on making the car more reliable. Do right by your customers by providing an extended warranty if you produce poor quality cars.