Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Mercedes Review
By gboro

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

this is my first mercedes experience. in the past 12 months i've had to spend over $3500 replacing various parts including fuel pump, steering mechanism, and the battery. i've had my vehicle stuck in my garage because it wouldn't start on 3 occassions and stuck 1,000 miles from home after my fuel pump went bad with no warning. perhaps i have/had high expectations but i didn't and do not expect such problems with a mercedes benz product

the exterior style and interior comfort. driving performance and handling are great when there are no problems

build a reliable vehicle

What's your problem?
By Gperson

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this used with just 6,000 miles on it and a Starmark warranty after owning two new Pathfinders. What a difference. This is a great SUV. Comfortable, fast and, I have to risk saying reliable. We haven't been let down once in 65,000 miles. I marked it down a little on build quality because we have had a couple of stupid switch type problems but that's it. Our average gas consumption of 18 is pretty darn good for a V8 of this weight. We just had the brakes replaced for the first time and are on our first set of replacement tires. Not bad for a vehicle now at 71,000.

Comfort and performance are great. On our 400 mile trek to skiing, we get there fresh compared with when we drove the Pathfinders. What a difference, we never knew what what were missing.

Imporve, as I believe they have, the stupid little switch issues.

ML 320 2000
By Kar56

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Love it all the way for comfort , style and performance. Feels solid

Solid car. Safe and fun to drive.

Control switches on steering wheel.

Great car poor reliability
By rudochar

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

This is a great fun to drive car with lot of power. However the reliability of the ML430 has taken the fun out of ownership. In the past year I have been at the dealer six times (on average every two months). I have had to replace break pads and rotors twice (every 8000 miles). I have had problems with the navigation system, windows, power steering pump, rack and pinion.

Powerful engine, great legroom, very agile. The only reason I have not gotten rid of the car yet. The BMW X5 is close but does not have enough legroom in the back. I think overall the X5 is a better buy in terms TCO.

Improve reliability, turning radius

Lemon
By lododwell

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Since purchasing this car I have been in the shop every to every other month. It is the worst built car I have ever owned. Mercedes should be embarrassed to sell this as a Luxury car. My service file is four inches thick and just about every moving part has at some time failed. I am currently looking to unload the car as soon as possible.

size and power