2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Best of 16 Vehicle I've owned.
By GinJersey on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Of the 16 vehicles (cars, vans, SUVs) I've owned, this has the best value and utility. I have over 48,000 miles, and although there have been some minor problems with the rear seat, the over- all performance and use-ability of this vehicle is great. There is lots of room, great visibility, enough power to pass trucks and great braking. I have never driven a vehicle with more "sure- footedness". I am never fearfull in the rain or snow. The comfort level is very good, and I get 20 MPG over-all (22 highway).

Love it - Trading for 2003!
By Houston on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I love this truck! I have owned several MB in the past (6) and all of them have their own problems but I have to tell you this one has been great. I have NOT been dissappointed. THe dealership has repaired any problems, usually before I notice them. They have taken exceptional care of me and my vehicle, probably because I have been a customer since 1975.

I'm scared
By jfdlaw on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this thinking I would own it for years and put 150,000 miles on it. Five months later I'm trying to get rid of it. So far its spent 20 days at the dealership. The shops been great, but the problems keep coming back. Power steering quit twice. Brakes quit (pedal to the floor) and took over a week to fix. Replaced shocks, brakes, all with less than 40k on the car. What's worse is that every time it goes to the dealer they have to air ship parts from Alabama. Appearantly they are type specific for each car. I love driving the car, but I can't imagine the repair bills once it goes off warranty. Would I do it again? NO!

Great to drive, but ...
By djdj on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Responsive engine, fun autostick, reasonable gas mileage (if you're careful), wonderfully comfortable seats, great sounding stereo. But every six months its back in the dealer for something else, window switches (of course), rattles, CD, radio, paint (dealer's fault). The build quality is dismal

ML430 Lemon
By Lupold on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

18 warranty issues in 2 years of ownership, including safety, reliability and drivability problems. This is my 3rd and FINAL Mercedes-Benz product.

I am upset with the build quality
By fadanc on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

The car is a nightmare in build quality and reliability. It is a shame that Mercedes Benz has done so lousy work with this model and charged its customers with prices as if were made in Germany.

A "wanna-be" Mercedes
By skikid787 on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

The 2000 ML320 is a good car. The interior is very comfertible. It rates terrible for a Mercedes. The dash is made like crap for one thing. There are not enough cupholders, and no one touch windows all around. It handles well for an SUV, and fuel economy greatly worsens over time. The engine and transmition were brilliantly matched. The transmition is the best I have ever seen.

solid, safe
By Tarrant on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Safe and solid. Would purchase it again. After three years, the ML320 has been great. No problems whatsoever. Mercedes has proactively replaced some items under warranty during regularly scheduled maintenance visits. *Great* service in Texas; crappy service from HBL in Vienna, Virginia.

pretty disappointing
By Longtrain on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

My rating number does not tell the full story. My wife and I love the truck for all that is Mercedes. We both agree though that the build quality is poor. Sure all the stuff is fixed under warranty, but going to the dealership every month and a half gets old. I should have known what I was in for when the door broke on delivery. Failed window switches, radio glitches, hoses that develop holes - in addition to shoddy work at the dealer. Can't say I would buy one again, and in fact, are shopping to trade it in on something else. Really thought I would get something more for a $500 a month payment.

Would Buy Again!
By auntgranny on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Purchased used private party 9 mos ago w/30,000 miles;now 46,500. Replaced the brakes & driver window switch. Dealer service outstanding. Car is fab-more comfortable & better gas milage than my old Grand Cherokee. Average 20-22 mpg which I think is great for SUV.