2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
too many issues with ML320
By omar804 on 01/19/14 20:52 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

worst car i have owned, its always something with it, always issue pops up, 1st it was the door locks keeps poping up and down on their own, than it stalls, i had change the fuel filter, and now its not clicking on the first try, and the parts are expensive and maintenance is expensive as well. from what i heard

Not bad at all!
By coolman on 05/10/10 14:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I have owned this car for 10 years now and i am still trusting it. It had some minor problem but so has every car. The only problem is the interior parts are not very durable. Little things like the door panel, handle, seat panel etc. Otherwise, it is a very reliable car. In fact, it is more reliable than my newer BMW 7 series. I will get another Benz because of the reliable engine and trans and the comfort, not sure if it will be an SUV but might consider the E class. the m class is pretty worth it for the price and re sell is not bad at all.

No regrets!
By palm coast on 03/27/10 19:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

After 7 years owning this Benz, I considered buying another car, but have doubts that anything could be as reliable, good looking and fun to drive as this one. If and when the day comes that I do buy another car, I'm sure it will be a Mercedes SUV.

GAS guzzler
By oliver on 08/24/09 12:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I've had the car half a year and what I have to say that it's a gas guzzler will never buy another Mercedes again, interior and exterior don't have the greatest design, mostly bought because of the name, but I got tricked on this one.

Save Your Money
By Garfield on 06/18/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Bought the ML 320 because of the name. However I donated the car today because you look pretty stupid sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck to flatbed your SUV away. I had the car regularly serviced whenever the wrenches appear on the dash. App cost each time $400 - $800. Service was great until mileage got to around 80K. They tried to get me to buy a new car and when I balked problems began. I won't outline but I spent more than $6000 in repairs during the last 6 months trying to save the car and avoid a new car payment. Save yourself the hassle and buy a Toyota. I donated my ML 320 to charity so at least something good came out of it.

ML320 new engine mounts
By yorgo8 on 05/13/09 17:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

The car is fun driving; safe and sturdy, even on slippery roads. The dealership offers excellent support. But the car's reliability is poor. Even under warranty it required many repairs. And lots more thereafter. Excessive costs to maintain vehicle make it unattractive. Support from MBUSA not great either.

I hate this car!
By sillygirl on 02/21/09 17:07 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this car with 34000 miles on it. It was great the first two years. Minor things going wrong only. After that many little things went and each part was very expensive. Check engine light was on almost always usually sensors but all the time it drove me crazy. The SUV was very comfy and had all the bells and whistles but not worth the hassle of needing to be fixed all the time. I am getting rid of it tomorrow and it will not be missed.We have a leak in the front that no one can figure out where it comes from too.

Not my Favorite
By Candi on 04/02/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I've always owned BMW's, this is my first Mercedes Benz. I must say I prefer BMW over Benz. I like the drive but the seats are not comfortable they don't recline very well. I am starting to have multiples of problems from simple things as the window switch needs replacing to the radiator and now the brake control unit which is expensive. I'm trying to now sell this car but I'm afraid someone will be disappointed when they have to maintain it. But it's cute!

ML320 Good but not Reliable
By R Cummings on 09/29/07 21:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Great car mechanically but electrically unreliable like all Mercedes models since 2000. Poor reliability related to electrical/sensor problems (Robert Bosch?). By 75000 miles repaired: door locks sensors, crankshaft position sensor(engine stops unexpectedly), mass airflow sensor, front window switches (twice),brake pressure sensor, brake switch, rear seat locked down

Great SUV for MB Enthusiasts
By RL_Terry on 07/26/07 07:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Ever since I saw Jurassic Park II: The Lost World, I have wanted the Mercedes ML. I think the gas mileage is superior to that of other similar sized SUVs. Out of all the SUVs I have owned (Blazer, Explorer, and Envoy), the ML320 by far has the best gas mileage. I average 19-20mpg in town and 27-58mpg on the interstate. If you own an SUV, do not compare the gas mileage to that of a sedan or coupe- obviously the fuel economy will not be as efficient. The spartan interior is a very simple yet elegant design; however, I do find the CD change in the rear a bit on the inconvenient side. It's stylish, comfortable, and a Mercedes; what more could a 24 year-old want. I would reccommend this SUV.