1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: Very Pleased with ML 320

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

Very Pleased with ML 320
By femmesophisticate on

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I traded my BRAND NEW JGCL with 16K miles on it due to numerous problems. Got the '99 ML320 for an excellent price with under 42K miles, and I am not looking back. The car handles well, and is excellent in wintery weather/ice. Acceleration is good (especially in highway traffic), and my choc lab LOVES this car - no more lurching off the back seat when I drive off due to excellent stability! Just to be safe, bought an extended warranty for an additional 36k miles - have not had to use it yet, so maybe I wasted my money on that. Overall, an excellent buy. Now, I just have to convince my family to bury me in it when the time comes!

Acceleration is amazing for this heavy vehicle, smooth shifting engine, ability to park it in smaller parking spaces.

What's up with the poor gas mileage?? Also, the controls are a bit dim in the daytime, and window controls awkward to use. Cup holders are not stable enough when liquid container is full. Hard to remember features (keep referring to manual for stuff).