MY LAST MERCEDES
By Frankfurt on
1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD
This was my 4th and will be my last Mercedes. With fond past experiences I didn't mind paying the extra cash for the 3-pointed star. Replaced many parts during the warranty period and got to know my repair service rep very well. When the warranty period expired, the true pain commenced. Replaced: the ESP/BAS unit twice at $1600 each time, one fuel pump ($870), two window electronic control sets ($400 each), interior panel lights went out twice, the steering wheel cover is loose and interior/exterior trim pieces keep coming loose. The wind noise is like a Mack truck. Now there is a whining noise under the hood. Enough is enough!!!
Favorite Features
Handling, especially the all wheel drive. Performance, acceleration, interior design, the exterior styling from the front & back and paint quality is excellent.
Suggested Improvements
Extend the length by 16". Most importantly, QUALITY, QUALITY AND MORE QUALITY. The reason so many people like myself purchase a Mercedes is not for the snob appeal but for the quality of the product and its reliability.