I Love My Mercedes ML
By Mark Godbee on
1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD
I love the performance of this suv. German car feel makes driving fun. I receive many compliments on this beautiful car. The rear could look less like a mini-van but the front and side looks awesome. After 101,000 miles, I have only had a few problems: window problems, cup holder, power-steering pump, sunroof, interior trim, tail light, and a/c fuse. But I'm not picky. Warranty covered these items except interior trim. There are obvious quality control and reliability issues with the interior of this truck which can be costly, but I have yet to hear of an engine problem/transmission problem except for fuel pump. Be sure to buy extended warranty, I think it's worth it.
Favorite Features
Awesome look and ride. Ride is not as smooth as Lexus RX 300/330 but I prefer trade-off of sitting higher and hauling ability.
Suggested Improvements
Fix interior reliability issues (trim, switches, electrical). Add 18" to rear of car. Add mouling to rear to make it look more sleek. Interior could be more plush though I like the stiff seats. Less plastic on interior trim. Add A/C vents to back seats.