1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class 3.2L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fun - but rough ride

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

ML320 4dr SUV (3.2L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Fun - but rough ride not for families
By undotcom on

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Perfect truck for the young and single to play around in...I can't imagine a more prestigous, inexpensive SUV. BUT... I bought the truck 3 years ago. It was highly rated in almost every safety survey and I could not imagine a better way to protect my wife and newborn son the road. The problem, it rides like a truck...Stiff suspension shakes the back seat passengers on the mildest of roads. Several of my friends have become car sick (first time) while in the back seat! Young parents should avoid this vehicle. Do not take newborns or young infants in this truck due to the amount of vibration their heads would endure.

Favorite Features

anti-roll stabilization side air-bags crash performance cargo area, fold down seats, etc

Suggested Improvements

Bose sound system not very good. Redesign and build in Germany --ML made in the U.S. and not solid like other German models. Several systems failed in first 2 years (onboard computer, gas gauge, sunroof, transmission locked in 2nd gear, window switches fail)