Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

love mine
By relixwjm

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

sweet engine. great ski car. maintain them and they go forever

its still a mercedes

Terribly Unreliable
By drfaust91

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I have had more problems with this vehicle than all seven other vehicles i have owned combined. Granted i did buy it with 100k miles on it, none of these things should be going wrong with a Mercedes Benz. I have had U-joints fail, bolts on both sides of my front suspension break twice, electronicsgo out on the center dashboard, three ignition coils fail, and the A/C compressor has gone out. Aside from that it has a rough ride like riding in a sports car without the fun. Much of the car uses cheap materials that can not hold up to everyday use. It does have decent performance for the size vehicle it is, though.

AWFUL VEHICLE ALL AROUND
By luke702

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I don't know what you people giving this car a good review are smoking, but what I do know is that drugs are bad. I've had about 21 vehicles so far, and the 99 ML320 is the most awful, poorly built, unreliable, thing (not a car!) that has ever been sold on this galaxy. The car was well kept and still it has 177k miles ONLY running because I have basically rebuild the darn thing. EVERYTHING on the car has gone bad! a few things such as clutch fan, a/c compressor, cold/hot air selector motor have actually been changed a few times! Other than that, name it (radiator, electrical components, all cabin controls for everything, drive shaft bearing, catalytic converter, suspension, etc) went bad

Stereo (which is aftermarket!) It is somewhat comfortable (although the ride quality is bad)

Improve humanity as a whole by scrapping every single one of these things (not a car).

Excellent Vehicle!
By pacquio78

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Hey Guys! It's Gavin Back With The Updates On My 99' ML430, We Got Her Up To 306,000 Miles! Still Running Strong, Except For A Faulty Fan Clutch, But We Decided No To Put Anymore Money Into It Since We're Starting To Look At The New 550's. But The ML430 Was Definitely The Best Car I've Ever Purchased, And It Will Stay On That Position On My List! I'm Gonna Miss Her When She's Gone, But She's One Strong Girl!

Exterior, Interior, The Power, Handling.. EVERYTHING! (Except The Fan Clutch)

Nothing!

I loved my ML430!
By Pette_Shops

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased my ML430 pre-owned(1 other owner) in 2004. The car was well taken care of and the maintenance books showed that the original owner KEPT THE MAINTENANCE UP on schedule!! When I purchased it had 40k miles at 5 years old at the time. I too kept the maintenance up with a VERY good Mercedes Benz dealership and this SUV did not give me 1 problem, until 5 years later at 120k, normal wear and tear and aging. At that point, any car will need replacement maintenance. I really enjoyed my ML 430, this has been a very good car to me and my family. Safe, reliable, beautiful...it aged very well, people were shocked that it was 10 years old last year! I look forward to my next M-Series!

...Its a Mercedes, what else can I say...The overall look(sleek), safety features, reliability. Very fun to drive. Very room, for a mid-size SUV.

Miles per gallon, wind noise, not as smooth as I would have liked the ride sometimes...even for a luxury SUV.