Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Buy an ML if you want safety and reliability in AK
By Sherry

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Reliable and sure-footed, remarkably good on fuel cross country (27MPG).

Mercedes boss!!
By Tristan McCarty

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased my Mercedes when I was 17 with 53,000 miles on it , I treated it like gold. Servicing it regularly never drove it hard or off road it handles so well and is so comfortable with so much room to haul things. Then I moved to North Carolina I thought about buying a jeep or a truck for the snow and the gravel roads, I thought wrong this Mercedes would climb a tree. as of now living in north Carolina I have driven in over two feet of snow up mountains and never spin out or slide, I now own an ml500 and baby that one, I have been putting my old Benz to the test! I go out every time it snows and drive off road and it never fails, same when I go through hunting trails and mudding even through creeks. I drove it through my local mud sling and made it! I put slightly bigger tires on my baby and I'm up to drive anywhere. I love this car it is truly a Boss with 289256 miles on her!!!

love mine
By relixwjm

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

sweet engine. great ski car. maintain them and they go forever

its still a mercedes

Terribly Unreliable
By drfaust91

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I have had more problems with this vehicle than all seven other vehicles i have owned combined. Granted i did buy it with 100k miles on it, none of these things should be going wrong with a Mercedes Benz. I have had U-joints fail, bolts on both sides of my front suspension break twice, electronicsgo out on the center dashboard, three ignition coils fail, and the A/C compressor has gone out. Aside from that it has a rough ride like riding in a sports car without the fun. Much of the car uses cheap materials that can not hold up to everyday use. It does have decent performance for the size vehicle it is, though.

AWFUL VEHICLE ALL AROUND
By luke702

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I don't know what you people giving this car a good review are smoking, but what I do know is that drugs are bad.
I've had about 21 vehicles so far, and the 99 ML320 is the most awful, poorly built, unreliable, thing (not a car!) that has ever been sold on this galaxy.
The car was well kept and still it has 177k miles ONLY running because I have basically rebuild the darn thing.
EVERYTHING on the car has gone bad! a few things such as clutch fan, a/c compressor, cold/hot air selector motor have actually been changed a few times!
Other than that, name it (radiator, electrical components, all cabin controls for everything, drive shaft bearing, catalytic converter, suspension, etc) went bad

Stereo (which is aftermarket!) It is somewhat comfortable (although the ride quality is bad)

Improve humanity as a whole by scrapping every single one of these things (not a car).