Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Mercedes boss!!
By Tristan McCarty

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased my Mercedes when I was 17 with 53,000 miles on it , I treated it like gold. Servicing it regularly never drove it hard or off road it handles so well and is so comfortable with so much room to haul things. Then I moved to North Carolina I thought about buying a jeep or a truck for the snow and the gravel roads, I thought wrong this Mercedes would climb a tree. as of now living in north Carolina I have driven in over two feet of snow up mountains and never spin out or slide, I now own an ml500 and baby that one, I have been putting my old Benz to the test! I go out every time it snows and drive off road and it never fails, same when I go through hunting trails and mudding even through creeks. I drove it through my local mud sling and made it! I put slightly bigger tires on my baby and I'm up to drive anywhere. I love this car it is truly a Boss with 289256 miles on her!!!

love mine
By relixwjm

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

sweet engine. great ski car. maintain them and they go forever

its still a mercedes

Excellent Vehicle!
By pacquio78

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Hey Guys! It's Gavin Back With The Updates On My 99' ML430, We Got Her Up To 306,000 Miles! Still Running Strong, Except For A Faulty Fan Clutch, But We Decided No To Put Anymore Money Into It Since We're Starting To Look At The New 550's. But The ML430 Was Definitely The Best Car I've Ever Purchased, And It Will Stay On That Position On My List! I'm Gonna Miss Her When She's Gone, But She's One Strong Girl!

Exterior, Interior, The Power, Handling.. EVERYTHING! (Except The Fan Clutch)

Nothing!

I loved my ML430!
By Pette_Shops

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased my ML430 pre-owned(1 other owner) in 2004. The car was well taken care of and the maintenance books showed that the original owner KEPT THE MAINTENANCE UP on schedule!! When I purchased it had 40k miles at 5 years old at the time. I too kept the maintenance up with a VERY good Mercedes Benz dealership and this SUV did not give me 1 problem, until 5 years later at 120k, normal wear and tear and aging. At that point, any car will need replacement maintenance. I really enjoyed my ML 430, this has been a very good car to me and my family. Safe, reliable, beautiful...it aged very well, people were shocked that it was 10 years old last year! I look forward to my next M-Series!

...Its a Mercedes, what else can I say...The overall look(sleek), safety features, reliability. Very fun to drive. Very room, for a mid-size SUV.

Miles per gallon, wind noise, not as smooth as I would have liked the ride sometimes...even for a luxury SUV.

Fantastic Vehicle
By Gavin E.

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Still looks great! Still feel's great! Still fun to drive! Owner is Master Mechanic but not needed, other than Transmission Replacement, but not to mention everyone else who has an ML has the same problem. 265,000 and still running strong, and still putting up a good fight. Hope I have many more miles to come. Beautiful design! Never regretted the purchase. Highly recommended. But! I'm sure that you will not buy an 11 year old truck!

Power, Interior, Stock sound system, Size