I'll keep it...
By ML320 happyowner on
1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD
I've had very few problems with this car and the ones I've had have been minor. The drive is smooth and quiet as expected. Visibility and every day drivability are very good. The A/C is powerful to take the Texas heat. It's off-road attributes surpass any other. My only complaint is the plastic along the driver side seat. The seat bolster rests on this panel and is easy to break where it screws into the seat frame. The dealer wants way too much to replace it (over $600). I'll have to come up with a homemade alternative. Over all, I'm very pleased with the vehicle and impressed that I can maintain it for about $600 a year. I plan on keeping it for a long time.
Favorite Features
The best feature of this car is the amazing all-wheel drive system and smooth running engine. Not to mention the fact that I consistantly get 20-22 mpg out of a 4600lb vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
The outside door protective strips fail to protect against dings more times than not. They seem to be too high. Take a closer look at the plastic around the driver seat. Beef it up or find another way to affix it to the seat fame where it won't break so easily.