Used 1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

ML320 3.2L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (62 reviews )

102,000 Miles & still going strong
By alapo51318

1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I love it. Bought it new in May of 1998 and have had no problems outside of normal wear. Runs great, looks great, rides great! This ML320 was a steal back in 98. Best vehicle I have ever owned in forty years of driving.

built to endure ...
By trw

1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

ml review .. i have owned 7 x mbz vehicles and at this time own 2. the ml has been all would expect from mbz, in its ride, durability, and performance. i have never had ONE problem with the 2 ml's have owned, (sold the 1st at 123,000 miles) and would not hesitate to recommend one to others. it is a vehicle ready to perform, road ready as well as crash ready. having owned everything from 300d's through 430clk models, i have to call the ml a true merc. NOTE, I WONDER WHY THERE IS NO US MODEL ML WITH THE FOREVER RUNNING INLINE 6 DIESEL ENGINE.?? this would truly be a vehicle to own. FYI I HAVE AN ASSOCIATE WITH A ML '98 MDL THAT HAS JUST TURNED 232,000 MILES.

RIDE, SMOOTH MOTOR STYLING.

MAKE A DIESEL AVAILABLE

So far can't complain
By JTCML

1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

So far so good after 20,000 miles. I leased the ML used with 46,000 miles included a 2 year Starmark warranty. The rate was so low I could not pass it up. I have only had it in once to correct the rear tailgate lock. I live 65 miles from the dealer so I buy my own filter and get the oil changed at Walmart with Mobil 1 for under $50. My thought is only use the dealer if you have to. I have the same complaints with the quirky layout of the cup holders and window switches. Overall it has been a pleasure to own and drive. Would consider getting another if the deal was right.

Powerful brakes, Turning radius, awd in winter, and handles our family stuff with ease.

Window switches, cup holders, and cruise controls. Could use a bit more power.

Not a single problem with mine
By jjstern

1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Call it dumb luck but I've never had a problem with my M-class. I use it for my job and it is the most capable off- road vehicle we have ever had in our fleet. When you see it going through 2 1/2 to 3 feet of water and the door seals are so tight not a drop gets in you know the truck is built right.

Bose stereo with cd changer, low gear range for serious off roading.

The seat bruises my tailbone sometime when we've had a day of rough terrain.

LOVE IT! Very happy!
By demimoore

1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I haven't had this car very long (just got it used), but I can tell you that so far everything's perfect and I LOVE driving it -- it's beautiful, not too big and not too small, rugged yet smooth, and just feels much more solid than all of the other mini-SUV's I test drove. I think that even if it costs a bit more than average to service it eventually, it'll be worth it! (My husband may have a different opinion.) :)

looks, size, ruggedness, smoothness, solidity

I suppose better gas mileage would be kinda nice