Tons of torque and great fuel economy
By thebayesian on
2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)
I traded in an MDX looking for something a bit smaller. I had looked at the 2012 GLK but was really put off by the cheap interior. I was happy to see that Mercedes really improved on the interior quality for the 2013 GLK. I was a bit skeptical at first about the engine seeing as though it's a 4-cylinder, but it has an amazing amount of torque and when you hit the gas you'll feel it. It has plenty of passing power at highway speeds as well. The 7 speed transmission is very smooth.
Favorite Features
Great gas mileage. The EPA estimate is 33 HWY, but I did a couple 30 mile stretches this past weekend and I was over 35 mpg for both. After about 1000 miles my combined city/highway has been about 28 to 29. My car came with PARKTRONIC, and boy is that nice. Even if you don't use it frequently for the automatic parallel parking (which works great by the way), just having this feature to get the parking sensors in front and rear is nice. I use those quite a bit, especially when parking in tight spaces.
Suggested Improvements
The way Mercedes does the options on the GLK is a bit disappointing. For example, you need the premium package just to get heated seats. Really? I can get those standard on a Hyundai. Same with keyless-go. Those features should really be standard and it complicates the buying process because it makes finding the car with the exact features you want difficult to find on the lot.