2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC 2.1L 4-cyl. Twin-turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )
2013 Mercedes 250GLK
By jimtsang48 on 06/24/14 04:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Diesel GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I love driving this little SUV. It has the Premium 1 package but no Navigation. I have been enjoying the diesel experience so far. After 16,000 miles, my MPG average is 31.1, pretty impressive compared to the published 28 MPG. I do not purposely drive slow to get that MPG number. I average 60/40% HWY/CiTY. My advice is to find the cheapest Diesel pump as it usually sells most diesel and keep the fuel fresh.

After 4000 miles, this SUV is perfect.
By marylander3 on 03/28/14 12:57 PM (PDT)

I'm getting 33 mpg in mixed driving (more than the EPA estimate, which is common for diesels). The quality is exceptional. My Mercedes dealer is making sure this, my first Benz, will not be my last. No complaints. One quibble: turn the radio off and the backup camera goes off, which is crazy. Ignore that eccentricity, and this is a perfect SUV.

2500 miles in, so far so good
By glayfan40 on 10/09/13 13:24 PM (PDT)

Have been driving the GLK250 since the end of June '13 and have had no major complaints so far. Zero problems (mechanical or electrical) encountered and it's simply a solid vehicle overall. Have been averaging 30-31 MPG after 5 fill-ups in 80/20 Hwy/City driving. That's from my own mileage calculations but frankly the on-board trip computer is not too far off (within 0.5-1MPG accuracy). I'm not exactly a lead-foot but I don't drive like a granny either (I'm 28 years old). This thing just eats road imperfection for lunch - I live in the NE region so there is plenty of that around. Can't wait to test out the 4Matic performance in the snow in another month or so.

Tons of torque and great fuel economy
By thebayesian on 06/17/13 16:51 PM (PDT)

I traded in an MDX looking for something a bit smaller. I had looked at the 2012 GLK but was really put off by the cheap interior. I was happy to see that Mercedes really improved on the interior quality for the 2013 GLK. I was a bit skeptical at first about the engine seeing as though it's a 4-cylinder, but it has an amazing amount of torque and when you hit the gas you'll feel it. It has plenty of passing power at highway speeds as well. The 7 speed transmission is very smooth.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.