Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:

Superlative Style, Substance, Performance and Reliability
By mtns85

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned this car for about 13 months and put almost 23,000 miles on it. I have loved the experience so far and have had no issues with reliability. Live in CT and the car has been awesome commuting in the snow with the factory tires. Much cooler/rarer than the BMW X3. GLK's faux leather is textured to replicate real leather and has verisimilitude in its touch. Also great with rain, snow, etc. The sound of the doors closing is truly like that of a vault. Unfortunately a wayward deer head-butted my door while I was going 30 mph...but there was NO dent/damage whatsoever! Truly an incredible machine and I am so happy I chose it.

Reliability. Drives incredibly smoothly. Eco-stop is seamless and you get used to it quickly. Getting same mpg as on my 2007 VW Rabbit (about 23+ combined). Definitely turns heads/makes an awesome first impression. Black on black with black ash wood trim is incredibly elegant. Auto wipers sense intensity of rain perfectly. LEDs below the headlights look awesome, even during the day.

The only possible improvements I could suggest would be to include a single-zone button on the climate control, to position the open buttons for the center console closer to the front of the console for easier access when the seat is closer to steering wheel, and to use an easier/more elegant way to put windshield wipers up in the snow rather than having to turn the car off mid-swipe (see audi/vw).

2013 Mercedes 250GLK
By jimtsang48

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I love driving this little SUV. It has the Premium 1 package but no Navigation. I have been enjoying the diesel experience so far. After 16,000 miles, my MPG average is 31.1, pretty impressive compared to the published 28 MPG. I do not purposely drive slow to get that MPG number. I average 60/40% HWY/CiTY. My advice is to find the cheapest Diesel pump as it usually sells most diesel and keep the fuel fresh.

I have had many high power gas engine cars over the years including exotics. Driving the GLK returns a somewhat different experience. Not a negative one at all but just different from the high HP gas engines. You feel "smoothness" in the delivery of power and you feel that there is alway untapped HP yet to be used. The power does not come instantaneously like the gas engines but it is available if you would time your right foot just a little bit. Going up steep terrain is a joy and you will be passing car with little effort. All in all, I am very pleased with it.

After 4000 miles, this SUV is perfect.
By marylander3

I'm getting 33 mpg in mixed driving (more than the EPA estimate, which is common for diesels). The quality is exceptional. My Mercedes dealer is making sure this, my first Benz, will not be my last. No complaints. One quibble: turn the radio off and the backup camera goes off, which is crazy. Ignore that eccentricity, and this is a perfect SUV.

Diesel, AWD, apps that send a nav destination to the care remotely.

Keep the backup camera on when the sound system is turned off.

Sunroop Shatters While Driving on Highway
By fitness151

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Hello, I would like to share my review regarding a newly purchased 2013 GLK 350 4 Matic. I made my first long distance road trip on 18 December 2013 from Virginia to Tennessee, then Louisiana and to return back to Virginia after the Holiday. As I was making my drive through Charlotte NC on I 85, at approximately 4:23 pm on 27 Dec 13, I heard a loud pop. I thought my tire had blew. I heard wind like noise and looked up and there it was. My sunroof had shattered. My shade was covered so no glass entered the car. The outside of the sunroof had spider lines. Nothing had fallen...it just popped. So now the SUV is at MB of Alexandria. I read reviews of issues with other cars and MBs as well. Wow!

The color of the car and accessories. The sunroof is the worst since it did shatter for no apparent reason. This issue with the sunroof can result in a bad accident.

Recommend a recall on the GLK 350 4 MATIC for the sunroof since it can shatter for no reason on the open highway at a speed of 70 mph which is the speed limit down South on I 85 and I 10. Thanks

Love the Car Beware it has Problems and MB wont stand behind the consumer
By dodikim

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love this car and it comforts and how it drives and the amenities. But BEWARE this car has problems. These cars have issues and MBUSA nor the dealerships will not stand or help you in the least bit. I have begged until I am blue in the face The check engine light illuminates after filling up with gas and in numerous instances because of a "throttle valve problem that no dealership in Florida nor Georgia have been able to replicate causes the car to go "limp" meaning you can't accerate on the gas. My most recent episode was a week ago on I-75 and I had to beg Mercedes Roadside Assistance to send a Roadside Tech to come assist me at night. Which they refused to do.

The seats and the comfort of the interior. It is an SUV but drives like a car

Better Customer Service from the dealerships and MBUSA which refuses to acknowledge that there are defects with this car. Basically even though the car is under warranty MBUSA nor any dealership will lift a finger to assist you.