Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:

My first MB and I'm hooked
By edlp

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I never intended to buy a Mercedes Benz but after researching prices for new domestic and import vehicles I decided to look at used luxury autos. The idea came from something I read in Consumer Reports about good quality used vehicles as an alternative to a new purchase. The MB 2013 GLK line had decent reviews though other vehicles had better rankings. I went through the local MB dealer in San Antonio. Their attention to detail was wonderful and my purchase experience was easy and enjoyable-quite a different experience altogether from other dealers in town. There was very little haggling, I got a great price on the GLK and am happy with my purchase. I never thought I could afford a Mercedes but now that I own one, I'm hooked.

New Horse
By Patricia Johnson

GLK 250 is a great ride with excellent gas mileage
By waltz zratis

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

The only drawback to this vehicle is the tire noise from the run-flats installed as standard equipment. Otherwise it is a great vehicle with no problems, recalls, or dealer involvement. Tire and wheel warranty already executed for a leaky rim, but quickly replaced at dealership. The tire noise remains, and no apparent resolution is being offered as a remedy.

A Star of the Star fleet.
By Gary Kneisley

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This baby SUV handles well, has a nice power band, good brakes, and nice amenities. The car feels solid and drives with confidence. Good visibility, nice faux leather seats, good leg room and head room. I went through the first set of tires in 40K miles which I didn't think was too bad, but not great. Brakes are still good for another year or so. I had a minor rear end incident when someone ran into me at fairly slow speed. Repair costs seemed very high, but that's what insurance is for. We drive across the country twice a year and this is a great car for that, except the cargo area doesn't hold as much as I would like. Even with the short wheelbase, the ride doesn't seem to be choppy. In all, I really like this car. I have had no maintenance issues other than the scheduled A and B services, which seem extraordinarily expensive for a check over and oil change.

Superlative Style, Substance, Performance and Reliability
By mtns85

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned this car for about 13 months and put almost 23,000 miles on it. I have loved the experience so far and have had no issues with reliability. Live in CT and the car has been awesome commuting in the snow with the factory tires. Much cooler/rarer than the BMW X3. GLK's faux leather is textured to replicate real leather and has verisimilitude in its touch. Also great with rain, snow, etc. The sound of the doors closing is truly like that of a vault. Unfortunately a wayward deer head-butted my door while I was going 30 mph...but there was NO dent/damage whatsoever! Truly an incredible machine and I am so happy I chose it.

Reliability. Drives incredibly smoothly. Eco-stop is seamless and you get used to it quickly. Getting same mpg as on my 2007 VW Rabbit (about 23+ combined). Definitely turns heads/makes an awesome first impression. Black on black with black ash wood trim is incredibly elegant. Auto wipers sense intensity of rain perfectly. LEDs below the headlights look awesome, even during the day.

The only possible improvements I could suggest would be to include a single-zone button on the climate control, to position the open buttons for the center console closer to the front of the console for easier access when the seat is closer to steering wheel, and to use an easier/more elegant way to put windshield wipers up in the snow rather than having to turn the car off mid-swipe (see audi/vw).