2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Consumer Review: Awesome so far

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class - Consumer Review

GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic)

Awesome so far
By mrmonty on

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great so far. Ride is smooth, quiet and acceleration in Sport Mode is excellent. I would like to refute a few negative points that I read prior to buying. 1)the backseat- yes it is small and most times a tall driver will have to put his seat up for someone to even sit behind him. However, unless you have a family, realistically how many times do you really have people in the back? If you do have a family there are plenty of other options(ML, GL etc) 2) Fuel Economy- It's not terrible. about 22 highway/15 city for me so far I laugh when people spend 40,000 on a car and then complain about gas. If you have 40K to spend you shouldn't be sweating gas. if you are, get a Honda CRV or Civic.

Command Nav, Pano Sunroof, Lighting package. Sport mode transmission. Quiet Ride, smooth ride over harsh bumps. Build Quality

I think they are addressing them in 2013. Mainly a Diesel with great fuel econ and a slightly more efficient V6.
By lawman1967
on 06/15/12 09:20 AM (PDT)

RE Fuel Economy, it gets a bit better with break-in. My GLK did 19 MPG on its first highway trip (300 miles at 80~85 MPH), and now, 8,000 miles later that same trip returns 23~24 MPG).