2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:
Awesome so far
By mrmonty on 05/12/12 10:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great so far. Ride is smooth, quiet and acceleration in Sport Mode is excellent. I would like to refute a few negative points that I read prior to buying. 1)the backseat- yes it is small and most times a tall driver will have to put his seat up for someone to even sit behind him. However, unless you have a family, realistically how many times do you really have people in the back? If you do have a family there are plenty of other options(ML, GL etc) 2) Fuel Economy- It's not terrible. about 22 highway/15 city for me so far I laugh when people spend 40,000 on a car and then complain about gas. If you have 40K to spend you shouldn't be sweating gas. if you are, get a Honda CRV or Civic.

Replaced an 09 X3
By lawman1967 on 01/09/12 13:02 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Fast, fun-to-drive, small and VERY comfortable. 09 X3 was practically falling apart at 58,000 miles, but GLK is essentially a tall C-Class, which are extremely reliable. X3 also had mediocre front seats, while GLK uses C Class seats, which are outstanding for even long distance. The car is also smooth and quiet, with handling that again feels more like a C Class sedan than an SUV.

Went down from a GL450 and couldn't be happier
By cmkx1 on 12/31/11 19:19 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We traded our 07GL450, which was less than a stellar benz...see suspension... I was skeptical when we were looking around with the GL in service, but was absolutely impressed with the GLK. Fun to drive...Not horrible with storage. We sacrificed our third row seats, but with the gas we were spending this was well worth it. So far the gas mileage is better than average even in the city. As for the ride the GL reminded me more of a lexus. The suspension is a little firmer but it rides awesome. I also have an 11 C300 and MB has done a great job with this platform.

Solid, great features, smooth ride
By vmerch on 12/13/11 19:11 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had a Volvo XC60. Within 2 years, it was a rattletrap. I have gone back to MB with the GLK350 4Matic and love it. Solid - go over bumps and no rattles, just a solid thump. Command launch package gives you everything in Multi-media except for rear-view camera for 2K less. Ride is great. The car fits like a glove and is comfortable for hours

reliability
By kingcape on 11/18/11 15:36 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased this SUV new expecting to get a quality vehilcle. I am a high mileage driver and this is what you should expect Air conditioning: Stops working after 2 hours of driving. Brought it to the dealer who said nothing was wrong. Took a vacation from MA to South Carolina. It Stopped..stopped at a SC dealer who left a long VM for my dealer saying it doesn't work. Brought it to the dealer. They tested it and said it was fine. It is not. Alternator: Broke at 49000 miles. Brought it to the dealer and they actually fixed under warrantee. They were not very happy to do it. Heater fan: The dreaded squeak as I have read on line. Almost constant. Cost about $500.00 to fix. So sorry I bought

2012 glk 4 matic
By ajusay74 on 10/11/11 06:10 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Little bit small but excellent suv, fun to drive and i love the style

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Suv in VA is:

$137 per month*