2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Consumer Review: Our First Benz

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class - Consumer Review

GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic)

Our First Benz
By oldcem on

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

When I test drove this vehicle while shopping for a replacement for our 06 Jaguar S-Type, I was surprised that its performance, handling, braking, etc. were very close to the sports sedan I was replacing. We,ve had the GLK for several weeks now, and, I'm more impressed with it with each passing mile. The vehicle is dead quiet on interstate runs, and, steady as a rock. Even though ours is a lightly optioned vehicle, it offers enough features as standard equipment that I'm very satisfied with it. The 3.5 Liter V6 has plenty of grunt, and, the 7 speed transmission is excellent. I've owned several other AWD vehicles, but, this one is far quieter than the others - no annoying gear whine.

The overall build quality of the vehcle. The excellent drivetrain performance. The cozy, well appointed interior. The exterior styling that looks very muscular. The fact that it's as comfortable and nice to drive on a long trip as our Jaguar was.

The option packages for this vehicle are pricey. I'd would have liked to had some of the minor options available outside of the expensive option packages.