A 2-wheel Gas Guzzler!
By foolcertified on
2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
Leased a 2-wheel drive 2011 GLK-350 from Caliber Motors w/bad lease tuin April this year to replace the 2008 E350 due to too many unsafe blind spots. After driven 3 months of the GLK-350, here are my personal driving experience of this half-breed SUV:Pros:Not too high, not to low, the height is just about right, not too many blind spots as the 2008 E350, better visibility, quiet, good chairs, maneuverability okay Cons:A terrible 2-wheel drive GAS GUZZLER!Gas consumption worse than E350, worse than 1999 ML320.Soft brakes, hesitant accelerating, ugly side mirrors,rear blind spots,worst turning radius, stupid GPS navigator,knob control,small screen,a German JOKE! Bad heat penetrating moon roof
Favorite Features
Cup Holders, large container under elbow rest. Nice body-contoured driver/passenger chairs
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage, GPS navigator, Brakes, Accelerator, moon roof with darker, thicker blinds, more pitch-dark glass to block the sun to reduce the heat coming down from the roof top. Steering wheel with better finish workmanship, no more sharp thread behind the steering wheel.
By steffie2329
on 02/10/12 12:48 PM (PST)

I have to disagree with some of the points this reviewer made. I just got a 2011 GLK-350 (4MATIC) and think it's a dream. I don't really understand why they bring up the 2-Wheel Drive issue, when this can be easily resolved if they had just leased the AWD model. I agree the gas consumption isn't great, however, I always think that's a silly argument as any SUV will use more gas. Plus, at the end of the day, you are maybe only spending an extra what $10 per tank compared to a compact SUV with better gas mileage? If you're worried about $10, you shouldn't be looking into purchasing a luxury automobile. You do have to put premium in it though so that does add to the price, but what luxury car do you not put premium in? I alo have NO IDEA why they commented saying "worst turning radius." Before this I had a sedan (VW Jetta) and think this SUV actually handles equally as well. The size of the car makes turning more precarious, however, I found the turning radius to be pretty amazing! Calling this car a "German JOKE" is extreme. I grew up in a family that drove Mercedes Benzes my whole life and found this car to be a great compromise as you get the benefits of beautiful MB engineering and design without the crazy price tag. I'm in LOVE with my GLK... sorry, Dude!