2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:
I've Found My Brand.
By 5280realtor on 11/15/13 11:21 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Excellent vehicle, all around. Sure, it has some weaknesses, but through and through this thing is an impeccably built tank. I've waited awhile to review this small SUV until living with it for some time (not quite 2 years now). I've previously owned Lexus, Saab, and several BMWs. The GLK demonstrates what Mercedes-Benz is all about, and this is (was) their 2nd least expensive model -- bodes well for the more expensive lines. I've had exactly one problem with the car in nearly 25,000 miles; a failed wheel bearing that the dealer had only ever seen twice before on the GLK. Let's not discuss how many times my SAAB saw the dealer in 25,000 miles, nor the BMW for that matter.

It's my Wife's Car...But I always want the keys!
By amickey on 11/22/11 20:13 PM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

As the title says I love this crossover. We bought for my wife trading up from a Camry for the MB build quality, cache, edgy looks, vast options list, performance, & impeccable safety. I, on the other hand, love the sportiness, muscular lines, AMG styling & wheels and MB build. Another importance for us was that this crossover stands out in a crowd of blobbed aero shaped vehicle that really are just miniature wannabe of their bigger brethren. Class doesn't mean following the herd.

a BMW killer? I don't think so
By johnwr on 09/14/11 13:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The navigation system we paid $1200 for (or more precisely, got robbed for)—it is a piece of junk, worst GPS we ever used and we have used quite a few different brands and models. This is simply the worse than the worst. The interface is extremely clumsy and slow to use, the features are limited, some address cannot be found, wrong routes, etc. The traffic update (TMC) is a joke since you have to manually check the text messages for each road on the list. At 8 time price of a touch screen Garmin 1450 with Life Time Map and Traffic update we got 1/8 of the features, functionalities, accuracy and quality.

Awsome for young parents.
By eleonore on 08/11/11 14:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car is just awsome! Much more fun to drive then station wagons and much more cool then mini vans. Perfect visibility while driving, fab handling and safety features. Perfectly sized family car for one or two children family. Design is just pure awsome Bauhause-ish. Just perfect marriage of form and function. Priced like smaller WV, yet provides all that Mercedes has to offer. Absolute head turner.

Even my husband loves this little SUV!
By jrp74 on 06/01/11 13:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Love everything about this car! Attractive, sporty, quiet, comfortable with intuitive controls, excellent safety features, and luxurious options--all at an excellent price! The rear seat is large enough to comfortably accommodate our 12-year old and 9-year old, and I find the cargo space to be more than adequate for what we typically use it for (groceries, runs to to the recycling center). Would recommend getting the keyless entry and ignition option, though--after owning an Infiniti M45 that had it, it is sorely missed.

Our First Benz
By oldcem on 01/05/11 20:22 PM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

When I test drove this vehicle while shopping for a replacement for our 06 Jaguar S-Type, I was surprised that its performance, handling, braking, etc. were very close to the sports sedan I was replacing. We,ve had the GLK for several weeks now, and, I'm more impressed with it with each passing mile. The vehicle is dead quiet on interstate runs, and, steady as a rock. Even though ours is a lightly optioned vehicle, it offers enough features as standard equipment that I'm very satisfied with it. The 3.5 Liter V6 has plenty of grunt, and, the 7 speed transmission is excellent. I've owned several other AWD vehicles, but, this one is far quieter than the others - no annoying gear whine.

Great SUV!
By JJB060797 on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We have owned the GLK-350 for 2 weeks now having moved up from an '06 E-350 sedan. I must say this SUV was indeed a step up. I am 6' 3" tall and found getting in and out of the E-350 sometimes a challenge, but much prefer the entry and exit of the GLK-350. At cruising speeds of 65 mph, there is very little, if any, engine noise and no air noise at all. The SUV is built solid. This SUV is equipped with the P1 package, Multimedia, and AMG appearance package. It is beautiful and even though we have had it only 2 weeks, we are still very much pleased with our purchase.

Back to MB with a GLK !
By GVR on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Our family now has 2 reliable MB vehicles. My last car was a Porsche up until I purchased the GLK. So happy to get rid of that unreliable money pit Porsche ! Don't get me started on the dealerships! Mercedes Benz = great cars and excellent service. 2 ingredients that are essential for motoring happiness. GLK is just a really well thought out, comfortable, practical, solid, quality SUV. Loaded with all options except for the rear video. I enjoy every minute in my Mobile Office / Hockey Dad / Night Out / Off to the cottage, fits the bill on all accounts. Including the bank!

I love this SUV!
By Fourth MB on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is a great little SUV. It's built in Germany and is as solid as a rock. It handles with precision and has a smooth ride that's comparable to a Mercedes sedan. I test drove it back to back with the C-class and liked the ride in the GLK even better. I like that it doesn't look like every SUV on the road; it's distinctive styling makes it easy to find in a parking lot.

2011 Even Better with AMG Package
By Second One on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Dollar for dollar, the best value out there for performance, luxury and fun factor. Now with 2011 AMG package, its looks match its performance. And somehow the 20" rims with the AMG rider smoother than my 2010. Great SUV. Don't let the smaller size fool you. It holds a lot of cargo, yet remains nimble enough to let you think it's a sports car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Suv in WA is:

$166 per month*