2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:
I've Found My Brand.
By 5280realtor on 11/15/13 11:21 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Excellent vehicle, all around. Sure, it has some weaknesses, but through and through this thing is an impeccably built tank. I've waited awhile to review this small SUV until living with it for some time (not quite 2 years now). I've previously owned Lexus, Saab, and several BMWs. The GLK demonstrates what Mercedes-Benz is all about, and this is (was) their 2nd least expensive model -- bodes well for the more expensive lines. I've had exactly one problem with the car in nearly 25,000 miles; a failed wheel bearing that the dealer had only ever seen twice before on the GLK. Let's not discuss how many times my SAAB saw the dealer in 25,000 miles, nor the BMW for that matter.

It's my Wife's Car...But I always want the keys!
By amickey on 11/22/11 20:13 PM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

As the title says I love this crossover. We bought for my wife trading up from a Camry for the MB build quality, cache, edgy looks, vast options list, performance, & impeccable safety. I, on the other hand, love the sportiness, muscular lines, AMG styling & wheels and MB build. Another importance for us was that this crossover stands out in a crowd of blobbed aero shaped vehicle that really are just miniature wannabe of their bigger brethren. Class doesn't mean following the herd.

a BMW killer? I don't think so
By johnwr on 09/14/11 13:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The navigation system we paid $1200 for (or more precisely, got robbed for)—it is a piece of junk, worst GPS we ever used and we have used quite a few different brands and models. This is simply the worse than the worst. The interface is extremely clumsy and slow to use, the features are limited, some address cannot be found, wrong routes, etc. The traffic update (TMC) is a joke since you have to manually check the text messages for each road on the list. At 8 time price of a touch screen Garmin 1450 with Life Time Map and Traffic update we got 1/8 of the features, functionalities, accuracy and quality.

Awsome for young parents.
By eleonore on 08/11/11 14:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car is just awsome! Much more fun to drive then station wagons and much more cool then mini vans. Perfect visibility while driving, fab handling and safety features. Perfectly sized family car for one or two children family. Design is just pure awsome Bauhause-ish. Just perfect marriage of form and function. Priced like smaller WV, yet provides all that Mercedes has to offer. Absolute head turner.

A 2-wheel Gas Guzzler!
By foolcertified on 07/27/11 19:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Leased a 2-wheel drive 2011 GLK-350 from Caliber Motors w/bad lease tuin April this year to replace the 2008 E350 due to too many unsafe blind spots. After driven 3 months of the GLK-350, here are my personal driving experience of this half-breed SUV:Pros:Not too high, not to low, the height is just about right, not too many blind spots as the 2008 E350, better visibility, quiet, good chairs, maneuverability okay Cons:A terrible 2-wheel drive GAS GUZZLER!Gas consumption worse than E350, worse than 1999 ML320.Soft brakes, hesitant accelerating, ugly side mirrors,rear blind spots,worst turning radius, stupid GPS navigator,knob control,small screen,a German JOKE! Bad heat penetrating moon roof

Even my husband loves this little SUV!
By jrp74 on 06/01/11 13:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Love everything about this car! Attractive, sporty, quiet, comfortable with intuitive controls, excellent safety features, and luxurious options--all at an excellent price! The rear seat is large enough to comfortably accommodate our 12-year old and 9-year old, and I find the cargo space to be more than adequate for what we typically use it for (groceries, runs to to the recycling center). Would recommend getting the keyless entry and ignition option, though--after owning an Infiniti M45 that had it, it is sorely missed.

Better than our former 2008 E350
By whoever on 05/18/11 09:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We just returned and terminated our 3-year leased 2008 E350 5 months earlier last week and decided to lease this 2-wheel drive GLK-350. We have driven the E350 for the 3rd year but could never get used to it, because every time we got into it, we felt cramped and always got the phobia with lot of blind spots all around, its wheel base is too long to make easy turns into any shopping center entrance opening, as the right rear wheel would often hit and ride on the curb and keep damaging the wheel rim and the tire. The E350 drive side rear-view mirror is equipped with a dark auto-dim film, so it makes the driving at night often impaired and dangerous, and it's a very stupid over-killed fixture.

Autobahn crusing (in real life)
By mhoffman2 on 04/20/11 09:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Picked up a GLK 350 2WD on overseas delivery in Stuttgart in late March and drove it around southern Germany for a week. Autobahn crusing was effortless, but had to keep it down for breakin mileage. Car was quiet as a vault, controls were intuitive and easy to use. Visibility and comfort were remarkable. Rear luggage area was large enough on the floor for two HUGE suitcases (loaded to maximum airline capacity). Cannot wait for the car to arrive at the dealer. Would highly recommend overseas delivery. 2 for 1 Lufthansa airfare, 7% off the sticker, no destination charge, 2 free nights in $300 plus/night true luxury hotels, 15 days free insurance, full tank of gas, tour of factory, etc. Great.

Our First Benz
By oldcem on 01/05/11 20:22 PM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

When I test drove this vehicle while shopping for a replacement for our 06 Jaguar S-Type, I was surprised that its performance, handling, braking, etc. were very close to the sports sedan I was replacing. We,ve had the GLK for several weeks now, and, I'm more impressed with it with each passing mile. The vehicle is dead quiet on interstate runs, and, steady as a rock. Even though ours is a lightly optioned vehicle, it offers enough features as standard equipment that I'm very satisfied with it. The 3.5 Liter V6 has plenty of grunt, and, the 7 speed transmission is excellent. I've owned several other AWD vehicles, but, this one is far quieter than the others - no annoying gear whine.

This Benz is a Babe
By Mr. M. on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

First, I am not into labels, so the MB brand name was not top of mind when I discovered this gem. It has an incomparably smooth ride, is very pleasing on the eye and is loaded with great features at a reasonable price (as far as luxury vehicles go). Just got back from the desert and on a very windy day, this solid vehicle didn't sway or feel pushed. It has good pick- up and I can't wait to finish reading the manuals to learn all the gadgets. Looking forward to a long relationship.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Suv in VA is:

$118 per month*