2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Consumer Review: Comfort and Utility -

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class - Consumer Review

GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic)

Comfort and Utility -
By jkf398 on

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After four satisfying years in a BMW 3- series, I decided to mix it up a bit. After test-driving the Toyota Venza, BMW X3, VW Tiguan, Ford Edge, Acura RDX, and Porsche Cayenne, it took only 15 minutes in the GLK to make up my mind. This is a chiseled, tough- looking little CUV that drives serenely and quietly, but that also pours on the coal when needed. I went with a loaded version that includes leather, rear-seat DVD, tow package, and Premium One + Nav, and I truly feel like I'm in a strong, beautifully- made, and multi-use vehicle that is small enough to handle like a car and big enough to carry chairs to our storage facility. It's not an inexpensive car, but doesn't feel like one either!

Advanced electronics package including hard-drive NAV, 6 GB storage for music, rain-sensing wipers, and adaptive headlights; the strong, masculine profile and front end; the precision of the fit and finish; the decent cargo capacity; the mega- sunroof, the sense of security; the smell of the leather!

I love this car, BUT: Gas mileage isn't great so far (about 15 in the city, but 21 on the freeway); give us a rear-area cargo cover (this is now a $260 option!!); leg room in back is tight; front console storage areas are strangely shaped and not very large.