2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Consumer Review: brake issue

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV - Consumer Review

brake issue
By Pat Spivey on

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased 20l0 GLK on 02/l4/09. Brakes were soft and spongy. In May 2009, daughter drove the car and commented on the brakes not stopping when pressed immediately. Took car through a car wash and on the way home, brakes failed at a traffic light and I hit a car on the left side bumper and taillight. I have been driving 55 years and have never had an accident. Mercedes Benz of Knoxville said they knew of no brake problems and would have Mercedes USA look into the matter. It took 40 days to get my car repaired and cost me $900 additional in rental car expenses. Told Mercedes of Knoxville that I liked the car, but was afraid to drive it. Said they would trade with me for $ll,000 more.

love the way car handles, enjoy the double sun roof, like the backup camera and nav. system, gas mileage is about l7. Like the look of the car. backseat is tight.

acknowledge brake problems, alert other people there may be a problem, more room for back seat.