2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:
Bravo M-B Class Act all the Way!
By Barry on 04/08/09 23:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Handles & drives better then the Best of them. Truly car like with all the luxuries of cars costing much MORE!I gave up my Audi A5 with NO Regrets! .9 interest rate sealed the deal!!

IMPRESSIVE RIDE!!!
By Kevin on 04/08/09 10:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I recently purchased the GLK350 after an exhaustive search for a new vehicle. I researched and drove Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and Nissan but none compare to this vehicle. The GLK is comparably priced to a fully optioned Toyota or Honda but much more fun to drive and its not like every other vehicle on the road. I am not sure why others are getting such low gas mileage (driving style???) but I am getting 19-21 in the city as as much as 25 on the highway and I "get on it" from time to time. I didn't get a fully optioned GLK. (no multi media PKG) but im impressed. The ride is very nice and as of yet, no problems, (4000 miles on ODO). Love the looks and the "solid feel". A real hit in my book.

I like the looks!
By MB Guy on 04/06/09 15:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My dealer found one on the boat in my color, loaded and at 0.9% APR. They will take $2300 off MSRP with no problem (dealer prep can be knocked down too). The running boards look nice and prevent door dings, but are a detriment to getting in and out. MB won't be making any GLKs until June that will have the automatic fold function for the rear view mirrors. The mirrors are supposed to be heated automatically at low ambient temps, but will that be available in June as well, or does that work now? When talking to the Finance guy he will ask about other options like paint protection etc. He will knock off about $200 from each and everything because he gets credit (points) for these additions.

Beats the X3 by a mile (or three)!
By BlueJay on 04/06/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just having gotten rid of our 2 year lease on the X3, this is a delightful vehicle! It's been 100% trouble free for over 2500 miles and 2 months now...WAY better ride and handling than the X3....(my fillings are staying in my teeth!) Contrary to others' opinions, I think the build quality and finish on the interior are very nice....and the MB-Tex is great stuff....who needs leather!? Our first MB.....and WON'T be our last if this a good indicator of their current line up!

Mercedes has done it again!
By ljb on 04/06/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I drove the Volvo XC60, the Audi Q5, the VW Toureg. None handled as well, or had the build quality of the Mercedes. Oddly enough, the Mercedes was the lowest price. I have had my GLK for 2 weeks. It is a pleasure to drive, and, unlike some other reviewers, I do not have any complaints about the gas mileage (I am getting around 20mpg). My previous car (and Audi A4) only got 22. I would highly recommend this vehicle.

Easy to love and great value
By Jhedges on 04/05/09 09:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I was about to buy a 2 year old X3 when it was sold on my way to the dealer. I went out the same day to shop around and ended up stopping in for my first time at MB. My wife and I saw the GLK for the first time (Jan 3rd, not on the road yet) and feel in love. I was also considering the c300 but the value is just not the same. The CUV provides a very roomy ride up front and room I can live with in the rear. I love the steel panels instead of the usual wood. That immediately tells me this is the car of 'now'. It might be dated in a few years but right now it is hot. My brakes squeak a lot but the dealer has helped a bit. It is expensive to run but worth it if you want to look important

So Far So Good
By psdesertrat on 03/31/09 22:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded my 08 CTS4 and never looked back. Both vehicles had the same price. I just wished the GLK was out then. Owning mostly GM vehicles, my deciding factor was the availability of Teleaid. It's like power windows, once you have it you never go back. There are so many things to love about this vehicle, especially the ride. After driving the C Class, I'm amazed that they are even relatives. I averaged 21.8 mpg today on a 257 mile trip, with a 1600 ft climb (love the altimiter), head winds and averaging 70 to 80 mph. My 24 mile city loop to work averages 19. I don't think that is bad for 2 tons of fun! Biggest Gripe: No A/T tires available for 19's on a AWD.

Great Car , Better than expected
By chummy on 03/30/09 18:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car has exceeded my expectations. It looks so much better in person, than in the pics. This car turns heads. The car drives smoothly and is quiet. Steering feel is ok. Rides over pot holes well. Mine is fully loaded. I love it. The car feels bullet proof, and extremely well built. Everything so far works beautifully. The phone bluetooth sync took some time to get setup (Hint: Remove the space in your phone ID) and I synced my phonebook by sending vcard info. Multimedia package is a must have. Lighting Package is amazing for the money. I have the leather package, its worth the extra in my opinion. I wasn't a fan of the MBTEX. This is my first Mercedes. I can see why they are so desirable.

Small SUV reviewed by father of 2
By Samuel R. on 03/10/09 03:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just traded in a Audi Q7 on 01/16/09 after a HORRIBLE experience and picked up the GLK, same day. Looking to downsize, we felt the GLK was a solid choice. Overall, like the look but downsizing, I will have to get used to a small interior. Cargo area is very small. Rear seats are tight for adults. The structure feels VERY solid. 4matic is good in snow but seems to bind up in tight turns on dry roads. So far 2216 miles and its returning 13.1MPG city and 18.7 highway. In other words very thirsty. COMMAND sys is NOT user friendly. Rear view camera is great, ditto for sound sys. Last week though, it was repaired due to a faulty brake system and front rotors were replaced along with hard drive.

Best car so far!
By Al on 03/08/09 19:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently traded in my 2 year old Infiniti G35 (which I loved) -- just not a convenient car to shuttle our 5 & 6 year old around. First Benz for our family. So far I absolutely love it. I thought I'd miss the power performance of the G (which I do a little), but this truck is surprisingly nimble -- much more than the Acura MDX my wife drives. The build quality & solid feel is absolutely exceptional -- better than any car I've driven. On the road, it drives remarkably similar to a sedan (albeit with the comfortable feeling of sitting up higher).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class in VA is:

$128 per month*