Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:

Great Car so far
By lightls

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My positive reactions to this car far out way any negative feelings. We have had severe snow for the last three weeks and it seems impossible to get stuck. It goes through everything. The upright angle of the windshield tends to collect too many bugs during summer and the climate controls and cruise control lever are in an poor location. Power is reminiscent of the V8s back in the 60s except smooth. I have gotten up to 24 MPG on a long trip driving at 65 the whole way and I have gotten as low as 17 when pushing the gas peddle harder. Back seat room is minimal and there is not much space for holding things outside the glove box, or in the glove box for that matter. The ride is sweet and quiet.

Power to spare and the full length sunroof. Also the cruise control has a step-up feature of plus and minus 1-10 mph.

Better fuel economy, better climate control placement and more slant to the windshield. More selections for the intermittent wipers would be nice.

BIG Disappointment
By Bernie

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife likes the vehicle and it looked good on the showroom. Ours was specially ordered and shipped with most options. Disappointments are the brake system, extreme dead travel, I actually rear ended (bumped) another car. The brakes have not worked correctly to the point where when we got home you could see heavy smoke from the front disks and they were red hot. The computer must erratically actuate the brakes at normal highway speeds and it causes the car to swing from side to side and makes the transmission labor intensively and the engine temperature starts climbing. This has happened a handful of times and we have taken it in for service and nothing can be found that is abnormal. No good.

Sound system, quiet ride.

Brakes, gas mileage best on highway is 15, city even worse, needs improvement. Leg room back seats. Headlights not as good as E320. Erratic electrical problems, light bulbs burning out. Too much side to side swing, it wobbles driving down the road.

Best medium size SUV
By Pascal

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After each driving it for 10mn, both my wife and I were sold to this little marvelous SUV. Quality of the workmanship is visible in every details. Engine with 268 HP, 250 pounds of torque and the 7 speed automatic transmission are a perfect match to deliver plenty of power when needed. Car handling is similar to a sporty sedan, extra eight of an SUV is not felt at all. We look at Q5, X60, X3 which are great vehicles but they are no match for what the GLK delivers overall.

Great performance, good braking, low noise level, double panoramic sunroof, compactness of the vehicle. I read reviews complaining about cramp rear seats, I will agree for long ride but its ok for short commute to school even with 6'1'' boys like we have.

+ 2'' rear legroom for long ride. MB should offer the European diesel engine in option since it has a much better mpg than gas one.

Great Luxury Crossover Vehicle
By Joon

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife fell in love with this vehicle immediately. I too was very impressed. Everything about our vehicle is great except for the brake - - too much dead travel. I had several close call with rear ending another vehicle. We even took the vehicle in for brake pad replacement, but the result is the same. They say that it performs and functions to factory specification. I guess, we just have to get used to braking early. Overall, get luxury vehicle and worth the extra money over its Japanese competition -- rather no comparison.

Very quiet interior and subtle thump going over potholes and rough roads.

More responsive brakes without dead travel and a bit more leg room in the rear.

2nd Benz
By fmp0926

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The reviews that say the GLK is built like a tank are spot on. This thing is solid! The GLK's exterior look is polarizing (love it or hate it) but I like the boxy shape since it denotes function over form. There are way too many "SUVs" that are all curvy but at the expense of usable cargo space. I bought the GLK because I wanted something that was extremely safe to drive, was well built, had decent handling, good acceleration and offered a fair amount of utility. I did not buy it because I wanted to get good gas mileage, needed to haul more than 4 adults or lots of cargo. Given those parameters, I am extremely satisfied with the GLK thus far.

Moonroof, Command package, Premium package, MB Tex negates the need to pay extra for leather.