Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-benz Glk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:

Most Helpful|
MY MISTAKE
By Melamik

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased the GLK 350 4matic 3 weeks ago and traded in my Lexus RX330 fromo 2004. That was the biggest mistake I could have made. My Lexus never needed to go into the shop for repairs beside the regular maintenance. My GLK has already been iin the service dept 3 times in 3 weeks. Maybe I bought a lemon and if the problems persist I will be filing for lemon law. I have had instrument problems, electrical issues and some of the fit and finish has not been up to par. I just wish I could turn back time so I didnt trade in my other car.

Favorite Features

Honestly the negatives ive had to deal with make any favorite feature worthless.

Suggested Improvements

Please improve quality control.

Noise uncovers manufacturing problem
By TexasCielo

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased a new 2010 GLK in April. About 1-1/2 months into owning the car, I heard a popping noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. I took the car into servicing on June 30th and technicians quickly found and acknowledged the noise. It turns out - after taking apart the passenger side rear cargo paneling - that some tack welding on the frame did not take place during car assembly in Germany. This is causing two metal pieces to rub and pop while driving the vehicle. An MBUSA chassis technician had to visit the dealership's service department to view the problem. It has taken MBUSA until July 10th to offer a possible repair solution and they still aren't confident this will work 100%.

Suggested Improvements

So beware you fellow GLK owners, if you purchased from the first few production lots you could possibly be driving around with the same problem. Although the dealership has been truthful regarding the situation, I am none too happy with my MB experience. I switched from owning BMWs over the past 10y

Comfortable but not reliable
By disappointedMBZowner

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I loved that GLK350 was so smooth, it is my first Mercedes. My SUV was purchase on 5/21/2009, and at 90 miles the radio/command center would not power on. So I brought the SUV to the dealer they checked it out for a day and said there was nothing wrong. A week later at 110 miles the Tire Pressure Monitoring system malfunctioned. And would report tire pressure issues. Now it just says Tire Pressure Monitoring system is inoperable. And the radio still dies. I have brought the car back to dealership and they are looking into these issues. Its been a day and still they don't know whats wrong :( If you are considering buying GLK350 you should think twice. As the build quality is sub par.

Favorite Features

The SUV was comfortable to drive up until the electronic failures. The SUV is very stable in corner, you can hardly feel the body roll.

Suggested Improvements

I would urge Mercedes to please build quality car. To summarize. I would like to express my complete dissatisfaction with Mercedes. I feel like I purchased a Kia for $40,000.

Best car so far!
By Al

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently traded in my 2 year old Infiniti G35 (which I loved) -- just not a convenient car to shuttle our 5 & 6 year old around. First Benz for our family. So far I absolutely love it. I thought I'd miss the power performance of the G (which I do a little), but this truck is surprisingly nimble -- much more than the Acura MDX my wife drives. The build quality & solid feel is absolutely exceptional -- better than any car I've driven. On the road, it drives remarkably similar to a sedan (albeit with the comfortable feeling of sitting up higher).

Favorite Features

- build quality & stability - comfort - looks - power-opening rear hatch (great when your arms are full)

Suggested Improvements

- only one gripe -- the voice recognition to call people in your address book is cumbersome. In my Infiniti I could simply say "Call HOME" & voila! It's actually less work to scroll manually through the list with the steering controls - Keyless-Go would be nice (kind of got used to it in the G35)

Comfortable Capable Cruiser; Unreliable
By Justice Charles & Co

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in a leased MB ML350 and decided to downsize now that the kids are driving alone. Had several unresolved issues with the ML but decided to give MB a fresh chance. Overall, my wife and I enjoy driving this 'right sized SUV'. I'm 6'2" but I fit comfortably and the position is good although rear seat comfort and room is cramped. Large double sunroof is nice touch. Nice interior design but cheap/loose bits have surfaced in less than 6 months 7k miles. Fuel is acceptable at 17MPG average. Reliability has been horrific- two individual instances of electrical failure in the stability control system/ABS/ESP. Navigation sys was replaced. Climate control failure, was waiting 3 weeks for part.

Favorite Features

Design, both interior & exterior. Ride comfort & control is very good. Front seat comfort is very good. Good overall size and proportions. Bluetooth, navigation work in unison. Easy entry/exit. Cabin feels like a bank vault and I mean that in a good way.

Suggested Improvements

First, quality & reliability. A new car should not be in the shop 5 time in 6 months. Overall, the materials/assembly seem good but time&miles uncover loose bits, squeaks & rattles. Dealer svc is excellent but the long wait for parts from Germany is tiresome. Increase pathetically tow rating to 4500