2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:
a great compact SUV
By zeit on 10/25/09 04:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

great classic exterior and interior look; solid handling at high speed and smooth ride in commuter traffic; and a superb sound system that make driving more than about the getting there.

Great But Not Perfect
By DCapo on 10/21/09 10:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Remember it's a baby Benz SUV and not a sports car.But the 20"SportWheelOption/Suspension makes it feel like it could be.Make sure yours comes with the Pirelli's and not the Dunlops.The Dunlops wear out twice as fast.Steering may be a little too tight/it fails to re-center smoothly. Engine/Tranny are outstanding.Interior is great up front/too tight in rear.Some interior panels don't line- up well. Get the BiXenon/side illum option if you drive at night. Do get MudFlaps and CargoTray.Ours came std with the CargoCover. Paint does have some orange-peel.Fit on some exterior panels not even and a bit wide for a Benz. RoadHazIns.not worth it. Otherwise this intro Benz SUV is quite stunning...bye!

One word: Awesome!!!!!!!
By Ty on 10/06/09 13:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I owned my GLK for a month now. I used to own a ML350 and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. My GLK drives like a sport/luxury sedan but roomy as a small SUV. Compared to my ML350 spends less gas. If you are a young professional who can not choose between and SUV and a Sports car GLK is the ticket. Make sure to get the Xenon packet and sports packet since they really set the car apart. Real head turner ;)

1st MB and Luvin' It
By Dan on 09/28/09 11:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After fours years in an Armada our lease was up and my wife wanted to downsize. We test drove several cars including the X5, MDX, and a decked out Murano. When they pulled up the GLK for a test drive at the Houston North dealership, my wife left me little room for negotiating the price with a solid, "We'll take it". It was love at first sight for her and she thanks me everyday for the purchase. Being the mother of two teenage boys, she rarely leaves the neighborhood but we still get around 18 mpg with an average speed of a mere 25 mph. I rarely get to drive it but everytime I do I am impressed with the handling, the power and above all else, the quietness. A solid 10 for the money.

From a C to a G -GLK that is!
By missmib on 09/27/09 06:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I recently purchased the GLK. In the process of buying the car I test drove everything. It took me months to make up my mind. I should mention the criteria for choosing this car. Size, Speed, Comfort, Visibility,road noise, interior noise and I would be lying if I didn't say status. I came from a C280, so the controls were all placed in a familiar location. The ride is smooth and quick to handle. I should also mention I sold my VW Toureg. That VW handled the road beautifully but it was too big for my size (f 5'6" 140 lbs.) also every-time I turned around the battery went dead or the tire pressure warning would appear on the dash! So I wanted 1 vehicle to do all that and handle NE winters-

Best vehcile we've bought so far.
By Chetan Shukla on 09/21/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this under the European Delivery Program. Picked it up in Sindelfingen, Germany and drove it first on the Autobahn. Great insurance & service. Loved driving in Europe. Car drives great. Very good and solid road feel. Very comfortable for the front passengers. Rear seats feel a little cramped for knee room. Our kid is in a M-Benz toddler seat (great seat with very nice head rest for sleeping - worth the extra $/Euros) and her feet touch the front seat back all the time. We also got the rear Entertainment system with dual screens, Universal Media Interface (that only gets installed when car arrives in the US at MB preparation center). Panoramic roof is very nice.

brake issue
By Pat Spivey on 09/13/09 14:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased 20l0 GLK on 02/l4/09. Brakes were soft and spongy. In May 2009, daughter drove the car and commented on the brakes not stopping when pressed immediately. Took car through a car wash and on the way home, brakes failed at a traffic light and I hit a car on the left side bumper and taillight. I have been driving 55 years and have never had an accident. Mercedes Benz of Knoxville said they knew of no brake problems and would have Mercedes USA look into the matter. It took 40 days to get my car repaired and cost me $900 additional in rental car expenses. Told Mercedes of Knoxville that I liked the car, but was afraid to drive it. Said they would trade with me for $ll,000 more.

Great Ride
By Great Ride on 09/08/09 10:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Only had the car a few weeks. Had the illuminated door sills installed after purchase and had a problem at the dealer with this. If you want this option, order it factory installed. Major project! Looks great though. Took it on a 2000 mile trip through Arizona and Nevada, had no problems. Gas mileage was a shocker although I should have known this beforehand.

Quality car!
By TNT on 08/26/09 22:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We bought our GLK 4Matic in July, 2009. I love the way it handles, good quality ride, quiet and comfortable as you would expect with Mercedes Benz. Fuel economy in town with the AC on is about 18 mpg, but we knew that when we purchased the car. The power lift gate is definitely worth it. Leather should be included.We purchased the sport pkg., the multi-media package and the nav. Very happy with all these features. This little suv is a sure "head turner"!

Comfortable Capable Cruiser; Unreliable
By Justice Charles & Co on 08/25/09 10:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in a leased MB ML350 and decided to downsize now that the kids are driving alone. Had several unresolved issues with the ML but decided to give MB a fresh chance. Overall, my wife and I enjoy driving this 'right sized SUV'. I'm 6'2" but I fit comfortably and the position is good although rear seat comfort and room is cramped. Large double sunroof is nice touch. Nice interior design but cheap/loose bits have surfaced in less than 6 months 7k miles. Fuel is acceptable at 17MPG average. Reliability has been horrific- two individual instances of electrical failure in the stability control system/ABS/ESP. Navigation sys was replaced. Climate control failure, was waiting 3 weeks for part.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class in VA is:

$128 per month*