2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:
Great Car so far
By lightls on 02/03/10 04:04 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My positive reactions to this car far out way any negative feelings. We have had severe snow for the last three weeks and it seems impossible to get stuck. It goes through everything. The upright angle of the windshield tends to collect too many bugs during summer and the climate controls and cruise control lever are in an poor location. Power is reminiscent of the V8s back in the 60s except smooth. I have gotten up to 24 MPG on a long trip driving at 65 the whole way and I have gotten as low as 17 when pushing the gas peddle harder. Back seat room is minimal and there is not much space for holding things outside the glove box, or in the glove box for that matter. The ride is sweet and quiet.

BIG Disappointment
By Bernie on 01/27/10 09:18 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife likes the vehicle and it looked good on the showroom. Ours was specially ordered and shipped with most options. Disappointments are the brake system, extreme dead travel, I actually rear ended (bumped) another car. The brakes have not worked correctly to the point where when we got home you could see heavy smoke from the front disks and they were red hot. The computer must erratically actuate the brakes at normal highway speeds and it causes the car to swing from side to side and makes the transmission labor intensively and the engine temperature starts climbing. This has happened a handful of times and we have taken it in for service and nothing can be found that is abnormal. No good.

Best medium size SUV
By Pascal on 01/16/10 15:32 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After each driving it for 10mn, both my wife and I were sold to this little marvelous SUV. Quality of the workmanship is visible in every details. Engine with 268 HP, 250 pounds of torque and the 7 speed automatic transmission are a perfect match to deliver plenty of power when needed. Car handling is similar to a sporty sedan, extra eight of an SUV is not felt at all. We look at Q5, X60, X3 which are great vehicles but they are no match for what the GLK delivers overall.

Great Luxury Crossover Vehicle
By Joon on 01/05/10 20:59 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife fell in love with this vehicle immediately. I too was very impressed. Everything about our vehicle is great except for the brake - - too much dead travel. I had several close call with rear ending another vehicle. We even took the vehicle in for brake pad replacement, but the result is the same. They say that it performs and functions to factory specification. I guess, we just have to get used to braking early. Overall, get luxury vehicle and worth the extra money over its Japanese competition -- rather no comparison.

2nd Benz
By fmp0926 on 12/14/09 15:00 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The reviews that say the GLK is built like a tank are spot on. This thing is solid! The GLK's exterior look is polarizing (love it or hate it) but I like the boxy shape since it denotes function over form. There are way too many "SUVs" that are all curvy but at the expense of usable cargo space. I bought the GLK because I wanted something that was extremely safe to drive, was well built, had decent handling, good acceleration and offered a fair amount of utility. I did not buy it because I wanted to get good gas mileage, needed to haul more than 4 adults or lots of cargo. Given those parameters, I am extremely satisfied with the GLK thus far.

Fun Fun Fun
By John on 11/28/09 08:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I tested several small SUV before I bought this car. I have to admit it i love driving this car. The GLK is very fun to drive, classy and it handle very well. The onlything is that the leg room in the back is kind of small. I wish they add a couple more inch in the back.

my thoughts on the GLK
By chubby_cheex on 11/26/09 22:00 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

So far so good! The car has a handsome exterior and interior. It's nice inside, but not cozy like an E class. I don't mind however because you can't have it all. The acceleration is a little bit of a disappointment, but I can deal with it because the handling makes up for it. The car feels fairly tight in turns, smooth, quiet like you're in your own world, and solid. Oh, and the headlights look pretty nice even without having the bi-xenons. That was a pleasant surprise. Overall it's a good value for being a baby Benz.

Great Car
By KP on 11/12/09 18:18 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car in August after doing a quick look at the Q5 and XC60. The Q5 was too expensive with the options I wanted, and XC60 wasn't as refined. You will enjoy the creamy engine and transparent shifting. IF you do live in a cratered environment like northern NJ, forego the appearance pkg and keep the 19" wheels. It handles like a sedan around corners with little body lean but the rear suspension does jostle a bit over rough pavement. I am extremely impressed with the quality of reliability of this car as well as its vault-like solidity. The COMAND system really sold this car for me, its absolutely amazing! If you can handle its small size, it really is a gr8 buy!

Panzerkampfwagen
By Shawnski on 11/04/09 06:43 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Our lease was up on our '07 X3. We looked at the GLK, LR2, and Volvo XC60. None of them drove as percisely as the X3, however as this is my wife's vehicle comfort is more important than sportiness. The GLK by far was the most refined in terms of quietness and smooth ride. While the GLK is not quite as roomy as the X3 (backseat and cargo area) it has a very relaxed manor about it - while the X3 is always taut. Both have impeccable build quality - really outstanding, with an edge going to the GLK for a satisfying door shut, although the X3 has superior inside door handles. I recommend the GLK for its refined comfort in a tidy sized package. Aggressive drivers need not apply.

A Sports Car/SUV
By ET on 11/03/09 17:28 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my GLK in May, with all the bells and whistles. Love the light grey/black and wood interior. Last car was a King Ranch Expedition @ 14 mpg. Glad to see the overall avg of 20 I'm getting with the GLK. The Nav system, bluetooth recognition for my I-Phone, safety are all pluses. Obviously, less room but after all it is a smaller SUV. I find the lift gate and space more than adequate. Lots of power for passing on highways! Comfortable, quiet, and fun to drive. My GLK is well appointed, quality workmanship, and appearance. I have the 20 inch wheels and premium black finish. No defects in the paint or elsewhere. No negatives - easy to drive, great handling, just a terrific car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Suv in VA is:

$128 per month*