2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class AMG GLA45 4MATIC Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class AMG GLA45 4MATIC - Consumer Reviews

AMG GLA45 4MATIC 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 7-speed Automated Manual - (1 review )

Unique Multi-tasker
By CarGuy

2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class AMG GLA45 4MATIC AMG GLA45 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have taken the GLA45 on road trips and the track. It is the best vehicle I have ever driven which includes some BMW M models. It has carried kayaks and paddle boards, been down some graded dirt roads and done a track day. It did everything superbly. I only used the Sport+ setting on the track, not even race. The dual clutch shifts seamlessly and almost no roll. I have the adaptive suspension, too. It is very quick but does have a pedal delay which is some really odd programming. The turbo will come on strong but smoothly. I like having a unique car. The only negatives for me are in the technology. The computer is complex and takes a lot of time to program and look for stuff. The car is new so I cannot comment on reliability but hopefully it will be average. I strongly recommend this car as a performance vehicle that can multitask, too. It is a lot of car for the money. If you want one you will want to limit options and I would offer ten percent less than the sticker. Mercedes overloads the options like a luxury cruiser which can add $25k and makes it a super expensive hot hatch. They also tend not to carry many colors outside of the gray scale. So, it you want red or blue and under $60k you will have to look far and wide. Most will be $65k and up and in black, gray, silver or white. However, if you love driving and need a crossover-hatch-SUV this is the best!