2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class - Consumer Reviews

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class

View reviews for a specific GLA-Class model:

Performance Multi-tasker
By LoveGermanCars

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class GLA45 AMG 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I just finished the 1000 mile break-in period by doing a road trip and business meeting. So, I have limited mileage. However, I have found the car to be everything I wanted. I wanted a multitask vehicle to carry kayaks and ski's, do track time, carry the groceries and function in snowy mountains and hot summers where I live. This is a tall order and usually you would have at least two different vehicles. So let me list the best things first. 1. Style. I get lots of comments by people from car washes to parking lots who've never seen "one of these". I have the spoiler on my car which helps differentiate it and yells "performance car" as opposed to the normal hatch/SUV GLA. 2. Interior. It is sport and luxury. I have the red cut leather which covers the dash and gives you a lot of red highlights inside, even on the air vents. Everyone loves it. 3. Comfort. the sport seats are comfortable and I have taken five people in the car to dinner and back seats are fantastic, especially for this size car. I did about 1400 miles on the road trip, as much as ten hours in one day with no problem. Absolutely amazing seats. I expect they will be fine when I track the car, too. 4. Space. It's not a huge SUV but plenty of space in the back and passenger space. You have a pass through and a roof rack if you need to carry large stuff from Home Depot or kayaks, in my case. 5. Ride. The most amazing balanced ride. It is sporty but absorbs the small bumps well. I got the 19in tires. I have the optional damper system, as well and only used it once, but it is amazing. Will use it on track. 6. All things engine. Acceleration, sport settings and the main reason you get an AMG. I have not done the launch mode, yet. Sport setting is the way to go. Negatives: 1. Electronic system is complicated. I got my phone synched but still not for music, voicemail and even phone nav. Screwing around with buttons while driving is annoying. On the other hand, most the basic stuff like volume and drive systems are separate buttons. 2. Not really set up with phone holders or much for electronics like in the rear. Your phone will be in cup holder or ash tray. 3. Side mirrors do not flare out easily for the 180 degree field of view. Most sport drivers do this. You can get it at the very limit of the side mirrors but it buries the mirror in the housing and sort of tricks your eye to thinking there may be a car in the blind spot unless you look carefully. That is about it for now. I rated reliability as just good because no new car issues but I have not had it long enough to really make an accurate rating on that.

A Zippy Little Dream Car
By John M.

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class GLA250 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

The only real downside to this car is that it is small. If you're looking for a big SUV or one with lots of interior space, this is not your vehicle. If you're looking for a car that can carry a little extra but is super fun to drive, this is your car. For the first few months of owning the car, I would look for excuses to go drive it. After more than a year of owning this car, I still look forward to getting behind the wheel. I purchased the premium package; I love the sound system too. Nothing like flying down the road with my favorite music sounding like I'm in a concert hall.

The official review said that it was bumpy off the start. I haven't noticed that. I like the Sport mode that makes for more aggressive shifting. Great when speeding through curvy mountain roads. I've owned the Infiniti FX, Infiniti QX50 and Honda Crosstour (with V6). The GLA isn't as powerful as those cars but it gets better gas milage and the steering/handling is head and shoulders above the others.

Search to replace anot RX400h
By Wayne Smith

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class GLA250 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

My wife wants smaller, better gas mileage, high seating, luxury, and sporty. The only option is the GLA. The 250 was nice, but the 45 extracts a big grin. A perfect car for empty nesters who are young at heart. The professional (writers) reviewers don't seem to able to define this car. It really is in its own classification. Google "GLA 45 videos" to get a true feel for what this car is!

Want to drive it all day!!
By Bryan

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class GLA250 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have had my GLA for two months now and like it more and more each day. It's a little quirky to get used to driving at low speeds. But once you get a feel for it, the experience is very good. It's truly an enjoyable car to drive. Find myself thinking of excuses to go places just for the chance to drive it. Drove my GLA in one of the worst snow storms I have been in and it handled perfectly. This was due to the all wheel drive and great overall feel of the road you get from the steering. My first bens and won't be my last!

My first Benz! I love it!!!
By Vicki

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class GLA250 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

The Eco drive takes a little getting used to. I wish it had an option to turn it off completely. It resumes every time the vehicle is started. A little frustrating when in stop and go city traffic. Other than that, I love this vehicle. The areas that I find a little fault with are very much compensated by the quality of the vehicle overall. I would purchase this car over and over again. I looked at and drove many different vehicles before making this purchase. I have zero regrets!!