I was looking for a replacement for my 2011 GL450, and was getting tired of the poor user interface of the controls, hard to enter address on the navigation using the arrow keys, etc.
The 2014 GL450 is exciting to drive. It is peppy, the controls are well laid out and the steering is light and responsive. The turn radius is tight, and a roomy interior.
There have been a lot of small and steady improvements (see my list of favorite features below). It still feels solid (I had been hit by another car at 50mph on the driver side door in the previous GL and the solid door held up and protected me well). The technology and electronics has been updated also.
Overall, a fun car to drive.
1. Blind spot warning
2. Lane change warning
3. "Top" camera view is very cool and useful
4. Hot-cold beverage cup holder
5. Bluetooth Audio
1) Fix the issue with not being able to input the navigation from the controls when the car is moving. My passenger should be able to add navigation. Now you are forcing me to use my iPhone google maps for navigation.
2) Make the car beep when I press the lock button on the remote control twice so that i can FIND my car in a parking lot and also an audio indication that the car has locked. The blinking lights is not very useful.
3) The headrests in the seats project too high and are weird.
4) Hitting the ÂOffÂ button on the stereo should NOT turn off the navigation screen or the rear-camera. Happened too many times now.
5) Display calendar from phone on screen using bluetooth