Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

2013 GL 450 Perfection
By Douglas

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

After months of research into the true SUV and Luxury class of truck based, non-crossover vehicles, the GL450 consistently rated high among the likes of the Audi Q7, Escalade, Land Cruiser, Range Rover and Lexus 570. Because of the company it kept regarding comparable SUV's in the Luxury Class, I selected the Mercedes Benz GL450 as the used vehicle to buy. I have no single regret. This machine is as advertised in terms of its power, handling, comfort and high quality assembly of interior and exterior materials and design. I immediately took my "new" used Mercedes on a 3,000 mile road trip. The performance and reliability were flawless as the comfort and handling were as good as I have ever had. Ok, the highest quality SUV I've owned is a 2011 Nissan Murano so one could say "what does he know"? Right your are but because I've been driving since early 1960, I know what I like, know what is fake and the true meaning of quality, or "high" quality. This 2013 hit all the marks and I am impressed with its Sherman Tank domination of the road with more than adequate comfort and non-fatigue long haul driving experience. Love how the cruise control operates and can shift up/down in 1 MPH or 5 MPH increments. The immediate power available in the twin-turbo V8 is extremely satisfying. Gas mileage is not an area I gave too much concern to because of the weight and size of the GL450, it's not great for sure but it isn't as poor as many of the comparable vehicles mentioned above, so in that category I say the GL450 is decent. If I could have found one with all zone climate control and Panoramic Sunroof, those would be icing on the cake. I found one painted in Iridium Silver, performance Package 2 and with all the standard features this beauty is still amazing and priced mid $40,000 with 31,000 miles returned from lease. Best deal and best true SUV I've had ever. Highly, highly recommended.

2013 Mercedes GL450 -- Hidden Gem in Big SUV's
By david swanson

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

We purchased a low-mile CPO vehicle from Ft. Lauderdale Mercedes. The GL450 is a real deal compared to competing vehicles such as Lexus LX and GM Suburbans. Much nicer, better ride and more comfortable.

Tall guy, first Merecedes (GL 450)
By S. Miller

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Wow. This is a whole different vehicle.
I'm 6'4" (with somewhat longer torso), and I have chronic back and knee pain. I didn't get the upgraded multi-contoured seats, but the seats with the Premium Pkg are just fine. I just sit, adjust the height and tilt, adjust the lumbar, and FORGET MY BACK! (I.e., no pain) The stock side bolsters are also a blessing.
Street bumps and uneven camber are virtually eliminated (again, happy back). The steering is buttery, with good turning radius for size of vehicle. Acceleration on this trim level is more than adequate, as it made my heart skip on the first drive. Higher trims could get downright scary. The BMWs: too cramped. Tried a 2011 LR4: too much body lean and no side-bolstering. The Touareg and Cayenne require lowering seat in favor of headroom...tilting pelvis and putting pressure on lower back.
Buy used; let someone else pay the depreciation.

gl 450
By BILL GROSS

gl 450

Cheema
By Shakeel Cheema

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Very poor material used; things started falling apart in the first week. Brakes were squeaking right away.I took it to dealership 7 times in first 4 months. Moldings were falling apart, and rear door molding started breaking apart in th first three months. The lever of the rear folding seat broke in first few weeks. Having driven a Land Cruiser and Lexus LX470, the quality of this car was nowhere near that of those cars. Bought in Sept 2012 and sold after having driven for 14,000 miles in 2014