2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
First non diesel since '95
By sarkinen on 08/29/13 05:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Rock solid SUV! It's the first vehicle my wife may admit is better than her audi Q7 tdi. The designo interior is amazing. I thought the radar guided cruise would be a joke, but I love it. With direct fuel injection and two turbos, my diesel days may well be over. 510pound-feet of torque wait at LOW rpm to effortlessly pull any load.

GL450 Electronics problems continue!!!!
By fwg on 08/26/13 14:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I have experienced seemingly unending electronic failure issues with only 5,000 miles on vehicle: Failure to go into sleep mode causing dead battery;towed to dealer 200 mi. away, MB refused to return to my location; When vehicle is locked, one door, although locked, causes alarm and will open if handle is touched, even if EasyGo key is not present; Adaptive High Beam headlight failure; Rear tailgate opens with driver door occasionally; When spraying the car with water, while washing, doors lock and unlock continually if you have key in pocket; circuit board replaced, issue continues- another appt. made Where is the quality control?

Big, But Refined
By scottque on 06/19/13 20:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Ordered the 450 in February and took delivery in April, convenience 2 and heavily optioned but skipped the off-road stuff, automatic cruise, panoramic roof, and lane-assist. Would have ordered the diesel but dealers steered me clear given biodiesel content in Illinois - no complaints with the V-8; sounds great. This is not, however, a car that cries to be driven fast - big (which is why I bought it), heavy vehicle. Awesome for interstate cruising or tooling around town. Very quiet; smooth ride, although I hate the numb electronic steering. Great styling inside and out. Command system works fine for me, extremely comfortable, lots of convenience features. As good as advertised.

The S class of SUV's
By nowake on 04/28/13 17:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Just took delivery of my wife's GL 450 and I am blown away by how quiet, solid and comforting this vehicle is. It really rivals the S class. When I test drove a lesser equipped vehicle I liked how well the vehicle performed. I loaded this vehicle out and I am not sure why but the vehicle is even nicer than I remember. Acceleration is adequate, braking is superb and the ride is awesome. Looked at all the competing models but kept coming back to Mercedes. The price does escalate as you add options as it does with others. If you are in the market for an SUV you owe it to yourself to at least give the GL some consideration.

2013 GL550
By jpk112 on 04/04/13 15:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

At the end of October 2012 we traded in my wife’s 2008 Mercedes 4matic (station wagon) for a new Mercedes 2013 GL550. We love the exterior design of the car and the flexibility on the interior design with the third row seats. The acceleration of the car is incredible-no problem merging onto the freeway or passing. Gas mileage is not the cars strong suit but I did not expect it to be. Now the bad, at 4000 miles the car needs new front rotors which are not yet a stocking item at my dealership-10 day wait! A In addition both side view mirrors are defective-drivers side is frosted and the passenger’s side has two stripped bolts off its backing plate.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Suv in VA is:

$105 per month*