2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
Extremely slow parts delivery
By dsimar on 04/05/13 10:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

i bought a new 2012 gl450 end of august 2012. i was in an accident on jan 14th 2013. took the car to the liberty mutual authorised body shop here in town on the same day. it's been 11 weeks now and i'm still waiting on my car. reason- i have been told since early feb that they are waiting on the bumper. have called mercedes customer service several times, have a case manager there who updates me. first i was told that 60 bumpers were on back order, then a few days later i was told that 34 are still on back order. frustrating beyond belief. i don't think i will ever trust this car maker again.

Love at first sight!
By m_taylor on 10/24/11 19:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Absolutely in love with my GL450, Great deal from MB of Tyson Conner, VA. Mr. Ayman Elasady gave us great support in making this deal happen. My GL is Black with impeccable styling. For 2012 the LED DRL's are standard and they really make the GL stand out. Great head turning ability as I drive on the highway. The V8 under the hood really make this thing move, and the sounds great. Not really happy with future tire selection for the 19" inch rims, but I am satisfied with current tires. The Continentals do not get good ratings online for snow traction I will find out this winter. Cornering on winding back roads at speeds of 45-60 mph great, handles like C class sports model. No real body sway noted. Command center still is outdated electronics is not MB's thing. I typically use the Mbrace iphone app to search for address, and destinations to send to the GL's Command GPS system much quicker than trying to enter by voice or manually. But overall still in love. The backup camera upgrade, & blind slide assist. are must haves. I have parked the GL in some very tight spots on the Mall in downtown DC, without the camera I would not have attempted. But with the camera parking was a breeze. The Honeymoon has only lasted 1,500 miles so far so good. I looked at the Lexus GX460, LX 570, Audi Q7, Infiniti QX56, and Ford Expedition King Ranch Edition. For my money this American Made SUV has room for 7 adult (Even in the 3rd row, I am 6'1" and very comfortable back there) and power to match. I will report on the towing capabilities later this spring 2012.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Suv in VA is:

$161 per month*