Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-benz Gl-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

Extremely slow parts delivery
By dsimar

2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

i bought a new 2012 gl450 end of august 2012. i was in an accident on jan 14th 2013. took the car to the liberty mutual authorised body shop here in town on the same day. it's been 11 weeks now and i'm still waiting on my car. reason- i have been told since early feb that they are waiting on the bumper. have called mercedes customer service several times, have a case manager there who updates me. first i was told that 60 bumpers were on back order, then a few days later i was told that 34 are still on back order. frustrating beyond belief. i don't think i will ever trust this car maker again.

Love at first sight!
By m_taylor

2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Absolutely in love with my GL450, Great deal from MB of Tyson Conner, VA. Mr. Ayman Elasady gave us great support in making this deal happen. My GL is Black with impeccable styling. For 2012 the LED DRL's are standard and they really make the GL stand out. Great head turning ability as I drive on the highway. The V8 under the hood really make this thing move, and the sounds great. Not really happy with future tire selection for the 19" inch rims, but I am satisfied with current tires. The Continentals do not get good ratings online for snow traction I will find out this winter. Cornering on winding back roads at speeds of 45-60 mph great, handles like C class sports model. No real body sway noted. Command center still is outdated electronics is not MB's thing. I typically use the Mbrace iphone app to search for address, and destinations to send to the GL's Command GPS system much quicker than trying to enter by voice or manually. But overall still in love. The backup camera upgrade, & blind slide assist. are must haves. I have parked the GL in some very tight spots on the Mall in downtown DC, without the camera I would not have attempted. But with the camera parking was a breeze. The Honeymoon has only lasted 1,500 miles so far so good. I looked at the Lexus GX460, LX 570, Audi Q7, Infiniti QX56, and Ford Expedition King Ranch Edition. For my money this American Made SUV has room for 7 adult (Even in the 3rd row, I am 6'1" and very comfortable back there) and power to match. I will report on the towing capabilities later this spring 2012.

a piece Junk ! Do not buy it !!!
By bingchan

2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

After I brought the car home, foundout there is a long scratch on the side of window, the dealer's pre-sale service sucks, they did not even inspect the car ! After 3 weeks, the car was less than 1500 miles, the car's steelring wheel quit working during the middle of the turn, almost killed me by kissing the light pole... I had mercedes during the 90s, I can not beleive their quality and service gone so low . I would never buy another Mercedes. I had a Acura RL for years and I never had any problem with it, its quality, comfort,safety and equipment are way better than Mercedes, and 20k cheaper too.

Favorite Features

it does get 23mile per gallon.

Suggested Improvements

Safety is No.1 important. When I read the review about this car would go on fire by itself, I did not believe it, now I have no doubts those stories are true. For the money mercedes charge, they should at least gurantee the basic safety ! The chair are very uncomfortable, I felt carry a big heavy bag all day long when I drives it. Come on, German enginnering suppose to be the best ???