Seduced by Styling
By rcf8000 on
2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)
The GL is a mixed bag of the great and not so great. The latter would include the ride quality and road noise, although my car has the 20 inch wheels and runflat tires, which may be worse than the standard 19 inch wheels. I find the seats to be a bit too firm, but then I find most luxury car seats to be too firm. The nav screen is a joke. It's too small, and the lettering is too small. And I can't read it at all when wearing sun glasses. But the guidance to programmed destinations works well. My car has the running boards, which make getting in and out somewhat awkward. They look good though!
Favorite Features
I especially like the styling. Other positives: build quality, cargo room, overall dimensions, a/c system, refined drivetrain, 3rd row seats, handling, braking, and steering. The blind spot assist really works great. Someday all cars will be required to have it, i predict.
Suggested Improvements
Besides the issues described above, I would suggest making the controls less complicated, moving the cruise control stalk, and improving the gas mileage.