2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class - Consumer Reviews

GL350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
Very nearly perfect
By expdek on 09/22/11 06:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Having owned a variety of minivans and large SUV's over the years, we were looking at the new Dodge Durango. A trip to Carmax to check the trade value on our van allowed us to walk the lot and we were taken by a GL450. We wanted new, so went to the local MB dealer and drove the 2011 GL450. End of story, we were sold with the ride, handling, luxury, and style compared to anything we had ever seen. The dealer encouraged us to try a GL350 diesel, and that really made the deal so much better, to have this kind of performance with this kind of fuel economy.

Goodbye Audi
By Dan on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I had been driving an Audi a8l (2007) and a Ford escape hybrid (2008) I wanted to consolidate to 1 vehicle--it needed to be an upscale, fuel efficient, and fairly large SUV (I haave 3 dogs and no way were they getting into the Audi). I found that in 3 years my Audi had taken a $58,000 depreciation hit! Still I liked the q7 tdi, and had never owned a Mercedes--I was so put out by Audi, that I went across the street and fell in love with the gl 350 bluetec. Its sumptuous and amazingly comfortable interior, quiet, quiet ride, beautiful rear visibility and increased cargo over the q7 sold me. I love this car! I give it a thumbs up and [violative content deleted] to Audi!

2011 GL 350 Bluetec
By Atlanta North on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

We just recently moved from a 2008 GL 320 CDI to the 2011 GL 350 Bluetec. The fit and finish and additional sound insulation in the 2011 are very noticeable. There are some nice feature upgrades from 2008 to 2011 such as bluetooth, voice control, HD radio etc. MB has definitely taken a step forward on what was already a great vehicle. The larger 20" tires on the '11 are definitely nicer than the 18" on the '08. We loved our previous GL and look forward to even better experience with our '11. In fact already the fuel economy seems slightly improved which was already impressive for such a large vehicle.