2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Review: The worst car I have ever owne

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class - Consumer Review

GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 AWD 7-speed Automatic)

The worst car I have ever owned.
By cm8112 on

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

We purchased a brand new 2010 Mercedes-Benz GL450. Fully Loaded, including entertainment and towing packages. In January 2014 our problems started. The car had just a little over 60K miles. Airmatics were gone, one after another within days. One of them even blew up. 4 Electrical problems, including radio, and door locks. All repairs costed more than $4,500 within 6 months, and it continued until we had enough. It just started to fall apart after 60K miles. I gave it away for $26K. Lost almost 50 grand in 4 years. I was lucky with that history of repairs. Do yourself a favor get a Japanese car. Our time, hard earned money and peace of mind are valuable. Stay away of this car and brand.

Make reliable cars please. These are high end vehicles, people can't continue blowing money and time at the service department. Budget vehicles last longer.
By mountainskier
on 09/22/14 13:29 PM (PDT)

Why did you still give it 3 stars then? Overall this car has high ratings by the owners, yet once you read the comments you see they aren't so high on it.