A Diesel All the Way
By Sawjai on
2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)
Have taken vehicle on two long haul trips. One to Vancouver and one to LA and averaged over 25 mpg. The 600 mile range at least for me is more like 700 to 800 miles when driving less aggressively. LA trip hauled enough stuff for 4 adults and a newborn and everyone was comfortable. I wish that the rear two rows had legroom adjustments, but there is still a lot for a 3 row SUV. Power is excellent for passing, could use more off the line go power. The brakes have an initial feel of mush, but the stopping power is excellent. Saved me a few times, but didn't save the guy that rear-ended me. Built like a tank, little to no damage to my vehicle bumper, but totaled front panel of rear car.
Favorite Features
Keyless Go, Power Rear Seats, Parktronic helps (wish for better indicators), Voice Command for Nav
Suggested Improvements
Navigation System (Touchscreen and Data Entry, Voice command good, but sometimes need to key in because of baby sleeping), Larger Side Mirrors, More Space behind 3rd row when up, Rear-Seat Entertainment controls without having to use remote.