Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

The worst car I have ever owned.
By cm8112

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

We purchased a brand new 2010 Mercedes-Benz GL450. Fully Loaded, including entertainment and towing packages. In January 2014 our problems started. The car had just a little over 60K miles. Airmatics were gone, one after another within days. One of them even blew up. 4 Electrical problems, including radio, and door locks. All repairs costed more than $4,500 within 6 months, and it continued until we had enough. It just started to fall apart after 60K miles. I gave it away for $26K. Lost almost 50 grand in 4 years. I was lucky with that history of repairs. Do yourself a favor get a Japanese car. Our time, hard earned money and peace of mind are valuable. Stay away of this car and brand.

Make reliable cars please. These are high end vehicles, people can't continue blowing money and time at the service department. Budget vehicles last longer.

Great SUV
By mike

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Better than Cadillac Escalade I had. Rides and handles way better. Easy to drive and get in and out. Easier to load cargo in rear too.

Airmatic suspension led running lights chrome roof rack

Bigger navigation screen bigger side mirrors updated dash more wood and chrome inside nicer wheels

Flawless
By Tom Smith

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This car is simply flawless. I have yet to find fault with it-The seats are wonderful, the ride is excellent, and the handling is amazing for such a large SUV. Test drove Q7, R Class, Escalade, Escalade ESV, and QX, only the ESV had a roomier third row, and the q7's 3rd row was smaller then my wife's BMW x3. The Escalade's dash was a little nicer but it looked to flashy and no fold flat third row. The heated and cooled cup holders were very nice though and wish this car had them.Overall this car is perfect, and would highly recommend to anyone with a large family. Its served mine of 7 and 2 dogs very well, so well in fact I'm selling my wife's x3 for one of these. Will be buying 2 more in a year.

Ride quality and fold flat third row. Excellent fuel economy, better then my previous BMW 760Li. The handling is nearly as good to, but not quite, but what do you expect from such a large SUV

Less mushy Brakes and easier upshifts. Heated, cooled, and massaging seats all around. Front, side, and rear parking sensors. Heated and cooled cup holders. Adaptive Headlights and night vision. Adaptive Cruise Control. New dash design.

Amazing Car
By Bob Whalen

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

At first I thought transferring from an Escalade to a 550 would be dumb, but i am wrong. The fold flat third row is a charm and it handles way better. Way more roomy third row. The only thing I miss is the heated and cooled cup holders.

Navigation and interior design.

Adaptive Headlights and Night vision. Front, Side, and Rear parking sensors. Refrigerator option. Heated, Cooled, And massaging first and second row seats. Fixed 2nd row center consul. Heated and cooled cup holders. Pannera sunroof.

Not an SUV guy and I LOVE it!
By Ernie

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This was to be my wife's car, as I have my BMW 650 - yes, quite a contrast in style to my demise. Great driving car, roomy, responsive and OK - I can open up the Sun roof to get that convertible feel, as I do on my 650.

Handles well - No blind spots, and it handles like a dream for a large SUV, it drives small as a car. I thought I'd hate the navigational system - it's fine, no problem to program, and better than the one on my Beamer. Love the electrical up/down on the back seat.

Back seat entry strange, seat should move forward to allow for entry. Entertainment package not too techy - could do better to equal car value. Should have detection of other cars on the side, when switching lanes, doesn't need it, but safer feel.